cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail

kevinguy
Hooked

Webmail

Webmail is working (for me) this morning - managed to play catch up, so hope it lasts. Thanks PN peeps 🙂 

12 REPLIES 12
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Webmail

Very sluggish though.

Perhaps they've deleted a few mail servers or replaced them with inferior machines.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

kevinguy
Hooked

well that didn't last long, did it - back to 'Service Unavailable'  disappointed.co.uk

FernandoR
Dabbler

Plusnet e-mail is absolute rubbish.  Has been for ages.  Nobody seems very interested as if it is a minor problem.   We have important e-mails to send about events we are attending and we can't do it.   

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I dont think its service UNavailable ,,,,, its service Overloaded !!!! 

Basically with soo many new FREE customers they have Overwhelmed the Email servers ,,

Hence why PN are telling everyone to use a different Email client !!! as it will decrease the load on PN servers Roll_eyes

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rongtw wrote:
Hence why PN are telling everyone to use a different Email client !!! as it will decrease the load on PN servers Roll_eyes

As anyone ever accused you of being cynical @rongtw Funny Albeit I suspect you're right in this instance.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Yes Mook Thumbs_Up several times

But if we hadn't seen so many Broken promises from PN attitudes may had changed Wink

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
rikp27

I think they should change the name from Plusnet to [-Censored-]! Web mail down for days now and has-always slow; deletes stuff at random; can't even chat to customer services now to see what's going in.

Famous phrase which sums them up;  Over promises and deliverers- Are they part of Southern Rail?

It was great when it was Madasafish - such a shame they can't deliver.

Has anyone any idea when any service will resume? 

VileReynard
Hero

Poor old Plusnet.

People expect email when they pay for email services.

defyclive

This is my first post about webmail. How can Plusnet say they have a webmail service when it is virtually unobtainable?Personally I think they are trying to drop it, and thus the poor service availability is the start of the end. An honest comment from Plusnet would be helpful please!

Here's my problem. I have just started getting a lot of spam. Even with the Plusnet  email spam filter set at it's maximum, spam gets through. The only way I can mark up suspicious mail in by going into webmail and mark it as Spam. Apple Mail does not allow you to easily mark spurious emails other than setting up elaborate rules. 

Second problem. As I leave a copy of all incoming emails on the Plusnet server, I have to clear it down occasionally when it gets to the 1gb limit. The easiest way is via Webmail - and 90% of the time it is "Service Unavailable" or "Server Error". 

I have been with Plusnet for 10 years and am really surprised how they are "not fixing" a very basic problem for their loyal customers.

They say it is being fixed - and I am thinking that these are blatant untruths as it has not been fixed!

JMT

I have been asked to reduce the size of my email account. I have attempted to do this but I find the webmail very cumbersome and slow to react. In fact it often returns error messages. I suggest that needs attention so we can keep our account more easily managed.

VileReynard
Hero

defyclive wrote:

Here's my problem. I have just started getting a lot of spam. Even with the Plusnet  email spam filter set at it's maximum, spam gets through. The only way I can mark up suspicious mail in by going into webmail and mark it as Spam. Apple Mail does not allow you to easily mark spurious emails other than setting up elaborate rules. 

Second problem. As I leave a copy of all incoming emails on the Plusnet server, I have to clear it down occasionally when it gets to the 1gb limit. The easiest way is via Webmail - and 90% of the time it is "Service Unavailable" or "Server Error". 

So you keep a massive list of spams, in an attempt to avoid spam.

You leave all your incoming emails on a overloaded server, instead of archiving the important ones and deleting the rubbish.

Yet you complain that it doesn't work, instead of taking actions to avoid these problems.

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

Old thread locked as there is a comprehensive thread covering the above here.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still