Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail: viewing emails and send & delete

FIXED
christmas
Aspiring Pro

Webmail: viewing emails and send & delete

I've switched to Windows 10 and because Microsoft have decided to enhance my experience by removing folders from their email software I've switched to Thunderbird, which I setup following the Plusnet step by step guide.

Trying a test of the new setup Thunderbird downloaded 899 (gulp) emails from Webmail. I thought there was a way for emails to be downloaded and then automatically be deleted from Webmail. Is it something I need to set up in Webmail or Thunderbird?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Webmail: viewing emails and send & delete

@christmas I've not used the webmail facility to actuallly read email since I joined the web - never mind PN - so I am not going to attempt guiding you on that, I'm afraid you'll have to wait for someone more knowledgable.

However, in Thunderbird, if you want to delete the mail from the server i.e. webmail, this depends on whether you have set the account(s) as POP or IMAP, so I'll wait until you have clarified that before introducing any confusion.

John
christmas
Aspiring Pro

Hello Again,

The incoming mail is set to POP3 in Thunderbird.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Fix

In that case, there is an option within TB to auto-delete mail from the server once downloaded to TB.The screenshot below is set so that once TB has picked up the mail, it is automaticallydeleted from the server. If you have more than one email address, this has to be set for each 'account'

settings.PNG

I use Mailwasher to pre-scan my mail, so TB is set NOT to check, but if, as I assume is your situation, you don't do that, you will need to have at least the top two boxes ticked.

The above settings work fine for me.

John
christmas
Aspiring Pro

Thanks once again.

I tried to keep a log software installed and how changes are made....but each software and update seem to have their own way of doing things.

Cheers