Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail very slow

kenm
Grafter

Webmail very slow

Webmail has been very scrappy over the last week

but today it is taking ages to log in, then ages to open email

keeps buffering and constant refreshing and weird server messages ?

2 REPLIES 2
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Webmail very slow

@kenm I noticed that a while back. I don't use webmail as a rule, but got a very rare 'span' message I wanted to report, so while there were only a couple of mails on the server for me, tried to 'spam' it, and it took a number of attempts to get the webmail to load, and a few to actually move it to spam.

It is claimed there are are no major problems, but something is obviously wrong somewhere, and I tagged 'Kelly' in the hope of a response - but no.

From other posts, I seem to think they know the problem exists, but not precisely where it is.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Webmail very slow

Slow webmail

There is a known gremlin in the third party Round Cube webmail program which can cause delays in listing emails - see the end user mitigation post at the top of the Email board here. It somewhat appears that any sorting or filtering on a large mailbox cripples the performance of RC webmail, where as the 'basic' webmail program (Squirrel Mail) is not affected. Using Squirrel Mail can be an effective way of accessing a mail box which is running slow with RC.

There is no necessity to restrict your access to your Plusnet email via the Plusnet Webmail interface. Virtually every IT device comes with an in-built email program which can be configured to access your Plusnet email service. See the setting up an email client guide.

Some have found logging into their mailbox using this third party webmail client - https://mail2web.com helpful in clearing out clutter from their mailboxes.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.