cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail tools

lhaycocks

Webmail tools

I've had the dreaded too much email message and am trying to delete my emails using webmail.  I don't have a pc and so am using Silk browser on my kindle.
I can't work out how to highlight multiple selected emails to be able to delete them in one go.
-Please could someone explain what the tools at the bottom of the webmail page are ( on the same bar as the box to click preview pane ).  I think these have something to do with selecting certain emails but am not sure and don't want to accidentally delete ALL my mail when just trying to get rid of specific ones.
-Also how do I select a few emails to move to a keep folder without having to open each individually?  drag and drop doesn't work on kindle fire and there is no control button to press to select more than one email.
My mail got out of hand when my mum was ill  but there are some emails from that time I want to keep ( Eg , messages from my late mum ) so I need to get on top of this before they delete / archive them.
I've tried using squirrelmail but it keeps logging me out or dropping the imap connection so it took me 2 hours to delete 50 on Friday night !
Please can anyone help me?
3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Webmail tools

I assume the Kindle Fire has a built in email client? Might be worth you setting up an IMAP connection to your Plusnet account and using that instead.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

lhaycocks

Thank you very much Mr Pullen !  Sorry it has taken so long to get around to reading your reply.
That has helped me out a lot for which I am very grateful.
As for the email client, plusnet refuses an imap connection from the kindle email client, it will only allow pop3.  That's the reason I'm trying to do it on webmail which is quicker.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

The Kindle app should work as long as you're able to disable SSL and specify the correct ports. Also bear in mind that the incoming server address for IMAP is imap.plus.net rather than mail.plus.net.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵