cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail space

johnoconnell

Webmail space

Hi
I've switched from POP3 to using IMAP with my Thunderbird mail client so that I can also view my PlusNet mailboxes via my iPhone and have it all synched up.  My question is, how much web space is allocated to each email account and what happens if that allocated space is exceed?
TIA
Johno
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Webmail space

Hi Johno and welcome to the forums!
I think you'll find the amount of space is unspecified. If someone thinks you're using too much, they'll have a quiet word, but you're more likely to find your folders getting slow and unwieldy before that happens. Can't life be civilised?
Best wishes
Chris
Be3G
Grafter

For what it's worth, my understanding is the same as Chris'. I do know that Plusnet are keen to tidy up unused (by which I mean unaccessed) mailboxes that get filled up with mail (I've seen it happen to my ‘junk’ mailbox a few times), but I don't think they'll have a problem with you filling up a frequently used mailbox unless perhaps it starts to contain GBs of data.
johnoconnell

Thanks guys, I was concerned because when I phoned up PN support to ask about that, the support guy said that the limit was 1GB and older items in the mailbox would be deleted without notification.  I'm hoping that isn't true and was just a tactic to put me off filling up my mailbox (which I don't plan to do).
Can anyone from PN clarify the situation with email storage space?  The responses I've have so far seem to make the most sense.
Thanks again
Johno