Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail server is slowing lately

chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Webmail server is slowing lately

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your response.  I have created an extra folder called Special Email, which I use to store all my emails which I may need in future e,g, On-line purchase receipt/s etc.  I thought this should not affect the log-in page to load.

In my in box I keep the latest emails for a couple of weeks and then they get deleted.  So, the number of emails residing in my inbox amount to about 15 to 20.

However, I noticed, today, that on click on community tab, it takes some time load and to log-in the community, it even takes longer.  Why is community page affected?  Is it the server hosting the community pages?  I wonder.

Adam, your comments will be helpful.

Many regards,

Chandu.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @chandu

I've noted from one of your previous posts that you've confirmed that the loading of pages is much quicker on a different device (phone) to your PC, which would perhaps indicate that this isn't a Plusnet issue.

Are you able to test this via an alternative Internet browser on the PC which is experiencing the slow down and/or other alternative devices as a comparison?

Thanks

Dave

chandu
Rising Star

@RandallFlagg ,

Thanks for your response.  As I Had responded to @adamwalker 's post earlier " I have just tried Chrome browser and it is slightly (about 10 secs) faster than IE11 in loading the Plus Net pages".  Also, in the same post I had mentioned to Adam that I found things loading much quicker on my Android device.

Today, I find that the PN pages load a bit faster using both IE11 and Chrome.

I think I will have to leave it as it seems we are going round in circles.

Regards,

Chandu.

stonecross
Dabbler

Hi,

When I log onto webmail, (https://webmail.plus.net/) it is currently taking around 65 seconds to load the inbox.

When I switch to the sent box it takes around the same time to load the messages into that.

Why is this happening please?

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @stonecross,

I'm sorry to hear the webmail platform is running slowly for you. This could be down to multiple things, but I'd recommend clearing out any emails that you no longer need.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
catjarmen
Dabbler

I have this problem too.  I don't have a lot of emails and I can't believe that 'delete a load of emails" is the official solution.  I don't recall Gmail ever slowing down - and they have 10x the number of emails in my folders.

chandu
Rising Star

@catjarmen , @TheMightyAJ , @stonecross ,

I have noticed, recently, that the Plusnet webmail has been slowing considerably.  Currently I am using Chrome browser instead of my previous IE11 browser.

I think PN has gremline on their webmail server.  It would be better all round, if PN can seriously look at their end rather than telling the users to reduce their inbox mail/s.

@adamwalker , please can you do anything about the above issue?  We need to look at the webmail server rather than passing the buck to the users - like too many mails in the inbox etc.

Thanks and look forward to some positive response/s on this issue.

Many regards,

Chandu.

stonecross
Dabbler

Hi mighty AJ,

Thay really is a bit of a fob off isn't it?

Don't you thinnk I might have tried that?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

There is a gremlin in the round cube product, which is discussed here - https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Standard-Webmail-Round-Cube-slow-performance-mitigation/td-p/166...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

stonecross
Dabbler

Thanks Townman, I did see that comment but haven't altered the sort sequence from the default.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Have  you checked?  Clicking a column header will put a non-default sort sequence in place ... even if the choice matces the default!!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

stonecross
Dabbler

I haven't altered anything on webmail.

I normally use Outlook on my pc and Samsung email on my phone and generally only use webmail to ensure Samsung email is sending messages as I have had an occasional problem when using it.

If I am out of the country, I sometimes use it but not often.

It's not really a big problem for me but annoying when I do use it