Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail server is slowing lately

chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Webmail server is slowing lately

Hi PN Support Team.

Are you guys aware that for last 4 days, I have noticed that your Webmail Server is getting slower and slower to load my in-box?

Would appreciate if you can look into this and please come back to me.

Thank you, in advance, for your help.

Many regards,

Chandu.

26 REPLIES 26
chandu
Rising Star

Re: Webmail server is slowing lately

Hi Guys,

Before you trample on me, I have already tried the link https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Standard-Webmail-Round=Cube-slow-performance......., but to no avail.  In fact I found that the community pages also take a long time to load.

This, to me, suggests there is serious problem with various servers at PN.

Will appreciate if this issue is resolved quickly, before I regret having renewed my LRS for coming year and NOT having taken up the FTP available through City Fibre (34mbs) in my area, which does NOT require Line Rental and yet offer the telephone service.

Many regards,

Chandu.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Have you read this https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Standard-Webmail-Round-Cube-slow-performance-mitigation/td-p/166...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chandu
Rising Star

@Townman 

Thanks, as per my previous post, yes, I have read it and also tried the suggested solution, but it did not work for me.

Having said that, today, Saturday, I find that the webmail loads quicker.  I wonder if it is to do with being a weekend - meaning lighter demand on the server?

However, I still find that the community pages are loading very slowly.

Many regards,

Chandu.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Ah OK - your link goes nowhere so difficult to be sure what you sought to refer to.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @chandu,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We're not aware of any generic slow down with the community pages or our webmail client.

Could you please confirm that this happens via a wired, ethernet connection on multiple devices and provide examples of pages that are slow to load?

Do any other sources experience slow down or just the Plusnet areas that you've highlighted?

Best wishes

Dave

chandu
Rising Star

@RandallFlagg 

Thank you for your prompt response.

I use BT Home hub 5A - Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.264 (Type A) Last updated 02/03/19 - which has very strong Wi-Fi signal and have 7 devices working happily on the wifi.  The line comes in at the front entrance and hence it is quite a bit awkward to use wired connection (ethernet) this pc.  This where my Home Hub router is located.

From the Plus net home page by clicking on the COMMUNITY Tab, it takes a long time to load the community page and on clicking on the sign-in it also take along time to offer the sign-in page.

I am sorry, I could not find a way to copy the page for you.  Please tell me how do I do this.

If you need any further info please do contact me.

chandu
Rising Star

@Townman 

I had used the link you had supplied on the post.  But in my post I had shortened it assuming that you would gather the link used.

Many thanks for you help.

Regards,

Chandu.

chandu
Rising Star

@RandallFlagg 

Sorry, forgot to mention 2 things:

1. The Webmail is loading much quicker than what it used for past few days,

2. On Community, to reply to a post, clicking on reply tab it takes an awful long time to offer the reply box.

Thanks and  I hope this info helps.

Many regards,

Chandu.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Which browser are you using?

There have been long standing unresolved issues with MS Edge with Lithium's code taking an eternity to load and render when writing posts.

chandu
Rising Star

@Townman ,

I use Internet Explorer 11 on W10 PC as I do not like using MS Edge.

Regards.

Chandu.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Chandu, it would be worth seeing if this happens across multiple devices or at least on a different browser if you can. 

Do you also see any similar issues with other websites?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chandu
Rising Star

@adamwalker ,

Nice to hear from you after a long time.

I had done a clean on my system, yesterday evening, using CCleaner and I find the IE11 is a bit quicker.

Having said that, I find the webmail loading the log-in page is not as I would like it to be.  Following that the inbox is NOT brilliant either.  I have just tried Chrome browser and it is slightly (about 10 secs) faster than IE11 in loading the Plus Net pages, but coming to Community tab, both the browsers are behaving just the same.  So, does it mean that PN servers are slowing!!!

Adam, would appreciate your thoughts on this matter.

Many regards,

Chandu.

chandu
Rising Star

@adamwalker 

I have just tried my Android phone and it seems to be much quicker than my pc.

Regards,

Chandu.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Chandu, it's difficult to say what the cause might be as we're not seeing reports of other similar issues really. 

One consideration that I know can cause delays logging into webmail is the mailbox storage, if that's currently quite high it would be worth deleting any unwanted messages to see if that makes a difference. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team