Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail seems to have gone twitchy

colintivy
Rising Star

Webmail seems to have gone twitchy

Hi folke!
For as long as I can remember, my webmail Round Cube happily inserts new emails at the top of the page all in date order with highlighting and a "not looked at" spot. Recently I have found that anything new is indicated properly at the Inbox total but when trying to find the individual emails to see what they are about, I have scan down to the marked-up entry which has no connection with the adjacent time/dates of old ones. The distribution seems to be entirely random and I cannot understand why the usual method is not continued. I had allowed my Inbox to get a bit loaded but, after getting it to well below the 100 mark, the random spraying entries all over the place is continuing. Is this to be expected? or is it not seen by others?Huh
Huh
3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Webmail seems to have gone twitchy

What happens if you click the 'Date' column header a few times? Does that re-order things?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I've managed to lose creation date sorting myself - I think I must have inadvertently tapped the subject header (on a touch screen) so it sorted by that. Tapping the date header (twice?) restored sanity.
David
colintivy
Rising Star

A quick survey today and the random sorting was still visible. A few dabs at the Date header has completely sorted things very well. I did wonder whether you had experienced the same disorder and that we were not alone. Thankfully it must have been limited to my box. I cannot remember doing anything near the header but must have done so. I do know that you can modify things like this in some programs, it just seemed to me at the time just to be an insertion from eleswhere. Any way thanks for putting me right.