cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail reports 'server error failed to send fetch command'

RobinW

Webmail reports 'server error failed to send fetch command'

My email works ok using Mail on Mac os El Capitan, but I've been getting messages from admin that my usage is getting near to the 1Gig limit and I'm to delete old mail via webmail. When I try to login to webmail I get the above message. Can't access anything.

This problem goes back to last year when it took an inordinate time to access any Webmail, such that it was impractical to use!

Any ideas? This problem doesn't come up on a search through the forum.

2 REPLIES 2
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Webmail reports 'server error failed to send fetch command'

Webmail has been known to have performance problems, particularly if you have EVER used the 'sort by column'  facility.

It may be worth reading and trying the solution in this post (pinned at the top of the board)

before trying anything else?

HTH

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Webmail reports 'server error failed to send fetch command'

Slow webmail

As above, but also ... the 'basic' webmail program (Squirrel Mail) is not affected. Using Squirrel Mail can be an effective way of accessing a mail box which is running slow with RC.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.