cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail only showing today's unread emails

swifty67

Webmail only showing today's unread emails

When I log on to webmail, I can only see today's unread emails in my inbox, no other emails at all.  If I have logged onto my email on my PC at home and read today's emails, then my webmail will show nothing at all in the inbox.  Any ideas as to how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Webmail only showing today's unread emails

It sounds like your email client on your PC is set to use POP3, and delete messages from the server, so basically whenever your PC checks for emails it will download them, store them locally and then delete them.

You've got 2 options really.  The first is to change to using IMAP instead of POP3.  That way your emails are stored on the server and remain accessible to any email clients you want to use (on your PC, tablets, smart phones, webmail etc...).

The other way is to set your client to leave a copy on the server (with it still using POP3), though I they will stay as unread messages on the server, regardless of what you so on your PC (read, delete etc...).

What email client do you use?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

swifty67

Thank you for responding, unfortunately I'm not very technical!  How would I go about changing from POP3 to IMAP and what do you mean when you say 'email client'?  Thank you.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

The email client is the program that you use to access your email on your PC.  It would be something like Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Mail or something like that.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

swifty67

I'm sure it's Microsoft Outlook.