cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail on Android

mikev

Webmail on Android

I've just started accessing my Plusnet (F9) account from my phone as webmail. This works nicely and I haven't set up POP/IMAP into my the phone as I need to see mail on it only  infrequently (normally have my netbook with me). The only problem is that I can't view or download attachments (doc, xls, pdf): when I click on the attachment or the download button, nothing happens. My current solution is to forward any such emails to Google and view the files from there - but can you help me to view attachments directly from my Plusnet webmail?
4 REPLIES 4
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Webmail on Android

What web browser are you using? You'll have to forgive me as having an N900 I'm not hugely familiar with Android. Are there alternatives you could try?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

mikev

Sorry for delayed response, been very busy discovering all I can about the Android (and working). I've tried both the default browser on my HTC Legend and the Dolphin browser wihtout success. Instead, I've started using the built in Mail app using your F9 imap settings to receive mail notifications and use attachments properly (this works really well).
However I can't send from the Mail app using your smtp settings and don't see any definitive working answer in other threads on this subject, so I  have to log on to my F9 webmail account through the phone's browser and send that way. The settings I'm using seem OK as they work when the phone is wifi'd to a (any) F9 service, but not when using its mobile connection - should I presume that it's just NOT possible to send from the phone's Mail app (whether Android or iPhone!), or is there something my provider (Vodafone in this case) can help with?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Do you have a subscription account? i.e. do you pay for your Force9 account?If so then you should be able to send email from the Mail app by using SMTP authentication. You'd need to use the same login details you use to log into the main Plusnet website.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

mikev

Thanks Bob - that explained it all; my wife and I have two accounts, one subscription and one payg. Having reset the payg smtp all is working fine on both accounts now. Brilliant "service" as always!