cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail on Amazon Kindle

busylizzie9

Webmail on Amazon Kindle

I've occasionally found it useful to log in to Webmail by means of the 'Experimental' web browser on Amazon Kindle.  I can log in OK and the initial page gives me a list of mail messages - no problem.  But, if I start trying to move across the page to the subject of the message columns tend to scramble themselves together and , if I succeed in loading the actual message,  this gets scrambled too.  I also sometimes find heavy black columns obscuring most of the text.  I wondered if anyone else had tried using Kindle to read their mail and if they have managed to solve these problems.
Liz
6 REPLIES 6
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Webmail on Amazon Kindle

I've tried it on mine and I did get a black vertical bar also navigation is a bit of a pain.
I tried it in landscape mode and it was much better...visually.
I picked the second of the landscape options (right option) as it puts the 'keyboard' on the right and makes navigating a little easier.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
busylizzie9

Thanks, I'm glad I am not the only one with the black lines..  I have tried landscape and it is better but not perfect - can't complain too much for a totally free connection  Smiley
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Haven't got my kindle to hand but is using something like Mail2Web any better?
You'll need to enter your email address in the format:
<mailbox username>@<server_name>

e.g.
bobpullen@mail.plus.net

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

busylizzie9

Thanks Bob.  I'll give that a try.
busylizzie9

I thought I was onto a winner with Mail2web but it comes up with the Kindle problem that it can't support mutiple pages.  Never mind, we tried!  Thanks anyway.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Do you know whether or not Gmail works? Guessing it probably doesn't, but it does offer the functionality to pull down messages from third party POP3 mail accounts.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵