Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail not sending attachments

FIXED
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Webmail not sending attachments

I believe this to be a new issue with Webmail.

I received a letter yesterday electronically as a tif file - I emailed someone last night and attached it - or at least I thought I did - but they didn't receive it. And it's not showing in my Sent email.

I emailed it to them again today - and it was definitely uploaded before sending - and they stil didn't receive it. And it's not showing in my Sent email.

I then scanned the hard copy received in the post and attached that as a pdf file. It STILL didn't go.

So I've had to resort to using Gmail - which worked perfectly.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Tags (1)
38 REPLIES 38
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Webmail not sending attachments

There's a known intermittent fault; never seems to get resolved. Best use an e mail prog such as THUNDERBIRD.
drj
Aspiring Pro

!!!!! This is SERIOUS !!!!!

I can cope with slow webmail but NOT with attachments not attaching!

Please resolve ASAP !!!

drj
Aspiring Pro

Could I please have a response from someone at PlusNet about this?

thomaslen

The same thing is happening to me. Is there a solution?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Is this an intermittent issue for you both or is it reproducible every time? When did it stop working? Specifically, do you know if it was working prior to the 14th March?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

thomaslen

It was working up and until a week ago. Now, whenever I try to send an attachment, I get the error message saying:

"Could move/copy file. File not attached"

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Odd. What web browser are you using?

I've just tried sending a 5MB+ tiff file from a Plusnet VDSL connection and despite a couple of 'failed to send message' errors, it eventually went and was received intact at the destination address. It's also visible in the Sent folder Huh

Webmail_Sent_-_2017-04-11_12.32.16.jpg

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

drj
Aspiring Pro

Thank you for investigating. In my case it was working up until about a week ago. I upload the attachment - it appears on the right hand pane - but when I send and return to that email I find it's missing. There's no error message. It's now happened several times.

W10AU - FF52.0.2

kate1

Yes, since the upgrade (i.e. since the attachments that have been uploaded appeared on the right hand side of the screen, rather than the left), if I send an attachment to a number of individuals, then some people get it, and some don't.  The issues I've had are that, particularly, recipients with an icloud.com email address, or live.com email address, don't get the attachments.   It's really bothering me, as people think you have just been an airhead and forgotten to send the attachment, but that's not the case.  And it is clearly linked to the latest upgrade, so does need sorting out. 

Response please?  Thank you.

thomaslen

Still not getting an answer to why attachments not being added to emails

Navigator
Hooked

No attachments being sent with webmail  is a problem being experienced  by many of us in recent weeks.

bobpullen - this problem requires further investigation, some answers,  a speedy resolution plus official  announcement.

"I managed to get one to work at the third attempt"  only confirms the existence of a system fault

drj
Aspiring Pro

This is a SERIOUS issue - why are PlusNet not solving it?

I've just tried by dropping a picture into the body of the message rather than as an attachment - shows fine on the screen, even after being sent, but doesn't appear at the other end!

stablehome

I am still having the same problem and have been since the 'upgrade' with attachments appearing in the right hand pane.

If I attach 3 small files then dependent on how fortunate I am, either none, some or all may actually get sent!!!  it seems purely random and means going to sent messages (a slow exercise in itself...) to actually see if any attachments actually got sent.   I have even started to attach documents a number of times in the hope that one of them may get sent. 

This is a ridiculous situation which surely should be easily fixed by a major internet provider!

drj
Aspiring Pro

When is this going to be sorted ?!?!?!?!?

It's now about a month since I reported this SERIOUS issue and nothing appears to be being done. I've just tried again and although the attachment was DEFINITELY THERE it's not gone!

W10CU / FF 53.0.2