Did you mean: 

Webmail not sending attachments

FIXED
Navigator
Hooked

Re: Webmail not sending attachments

Hi Gandaff,

That was a prompt pick up. Thank you.

I fail to understand how Plusnet  are unable to identify the exact date and exact tech upgrade when this continuing system corruption was introduced.

Prior to this persistent  problem I was confident that you would continue to " Do me proud".

Answers to relevant questions from your list:-

1a. Webmail

3c. Laptop

5. Plusnet connection

7. A couple of months ago. Exact date no longer available in SENT messages. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problems @Navigator

I fail to understand how Plusnet  are unable to identify the exact date and exact tech upgrade when this continuing system corruption was introduced.

I believe that's because the problem appears to affect customers in different ways.

Thanks for completing the checklist, I've sent an email over to one of my colleagues from our Products team to ask to keep an eye on this thread as well as the mega thread. Thanks for your patience.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I can confirm that since the fix was reported and I acknowledged it was then working for me, it's been working fine. I generally have JPGs and PDFs to send but I've also sent DOCXs without a problem within the last week.

W10CU+FF53.0.3(32) most of the time

Mav
Fixes: 514

Using Squirrelmail I now get the error 'Could not move/copy file. File not attached ' no matter which file type I have tried (jpg, pdf, txt) on clicking 'Add'. No file was anywhere near the 7MB limit.

I had no issues sending attachments using the Advanced Webmail.

FF 53.03 (32bit)

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Navigator
Hooked

Mav.  Thank you -thank you  -thank you.   You'e alerted me to Advanced Webmail.

"Nobody told me Sir," she said.!!

I've been  with Plusnet from before it first went live.

I've been retired since computers were "mainframe" and only produced reams of foolscap data sheets for us struggle with.

So, I've no tech credentials. Purchased my first PC when retired,  mastered SquirrelMail and stayed with it.

I did try out the new version when it appeared on my screen,a while ago now,  but I much preferred the chronological listing of SENT emails, rather than the alphabetical of the new.

Thus I continued with  "Basic" as it met all my requirements,until a couple of months back when attachments no longer attached.

I've now listened to Carl on the Plusnet Help Video and have successfully sent an attachment on Advanced Webmail.

If only SENT emails could have a chronological option for those of us who found it more user friendly.

A lengthy note, but perhaps I am not the only user who was unaware of the greater reliability of Advanced Webmail.

Mav

@Navigator

If you click on one of the headings, Subject, From, Date, etc, that will force the sorting you wish.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Navigator
Hooked

Mav.   Sorted. Thank you.

Life is full of known unknowns and unknown unknowns.

Things are so much easier when you know how!   Navigator.

stonepicker

I am having the same trouble but I can now send attachments  if I use advanced webmail, the loading of emails is terrible during the main week it improves at weekends. Can someone help resolve these on going problem

Mav

@stonepicker

There is a long thread here regarding webmail issues.

I suggest you have a glance and post in there.