Webmail not sending attachments

FIXED
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Webmail not sending attachments

It's futile trying to ring to discuss (long waiting time) or Live Chat:

[Plusnet Chatter]:

Good evening I'm [Plusnet Chatter]. How can I help?

drj: Around a month ago I reported on the PlusNet forum that webmail wasn't sending attachments that had been properly attached. It's still not doing it. When is this fundamental problem going to be resolved?

[Plusnet Chatter]: I'm sorry to hear that, we are still having issues with the webmail and our software team are working on this but we don't have a date for when this will be resolved as the work is still ongoing.

[Plusnet Chatter]:

To get around this you can set up the plusnet email in an email client like Outlook or windows live mail, if you have an email program

drj: I want to use webmail !!!!!This is not just the slowness though - this is a FUNDAMENTAL issue that means I'll HAVE TO MOVE MY SERVICES ELSEWHERE

[Plusnet Chatter]:

I am sorry you feel that way, as explained the work is still ongoing to repair the issue

drj: When will it be resolved? The webmail issue has been ongoing for over a YEAR now. These continually promulgated excuses are simply not on!

[Plusnet Chatter]:

as explained I'm sorry but I don't have a date for when it will be resolved

drj: My 18 month contract ends about now - though PlusNet haven't actually advised me yet - so I'll be checking out other ISPs

[Plusnet Chatter]:

I can take a look at when the contract expires if you'd like, I'd just need the 1st and last characters of your password

drj: < deleted >

[Plusnet Chatter]:

thanks

[Plusnet Chatter]:

I'll have a look now

[Plusnet Chatter]:

yes so the expiry date of that contract is 28/05/17

drj: Thank you for advising me - will there be any formal communication from PlusNet about this?

[Plusnet Chatter]: to advise your contract end date? If you wanted to cancel we'd ask you contact our cancellations team to advise them to close the account

drj: No - merely to notify me my present contract is coming to an end and explaining what my options would then be.

drj: I would have expected, say, a month's notice?

[Plusnet Chatter]:

I can send you an email to advise the end date again but if you'd like to discuss your options you'd need to contact our cancellations team when they are in, I can give you their number?

drj: yes please

[Plusnet Chatter]:

Great, you can get them on: 0800 013 2632 and they are open 8am-8pm on weekdays, 9am-7pm on Saturdays and 9am-6pm on Sundays

drj: Thank you - good bye!

drj
Aspiring Pro

... and I've just discovered it's stripping out the attachments when forwarding an email too !!!!!!!!!   Crazy2

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Just replicated the issue sending to an outlook.com address. I'll see if I can find out where we are with things when I'm next in the office.

Just to clarify, is the attachment missing from the copy in the sent folder too when this happens? (it is for me).

Edit: We've an internal incident raised (ref: 96894) and our network engineers are investigating. It's nothing obvious causing the problem though, so I'm unsure how long it's going to take to fix Undecided

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

drj
Aspiring Pro

Bob Pullen wrote: " is the attachment missing from the copy in the sent folder too when this happens?"

Yes - that's how I'm realising there's a problem.

Mav
Fixes: 514

Not sure if this helps but sent a test email to another of my email addresses via Squirrel Mail and the Attachment was stripped out.

Did the same but using Webmail and the attachment was sent and received.

Not at home at the moment so both sent/received from a Sky IP.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Fix

Right, we think we've isolated the cause of this one. Should hopefully be fixed now. Shout up if it happens again.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Tags (1)
drj
Aspiring Pro

Thank you - a test email with two image files worked.

thomaslen

@bobpullen wrote:

Right, we think we've isolated the cause of this one. Should hopefully be fixed now. Shout up if it happens again.

Navigator
Hooked

Webmail  not sending attachments - not resolved for me!

I have now attempted to add more than one attachment and I get an ERROR  message.

" Could not move/copy file. File not attached.

Does this provide any clues for the tech issue I have?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

What kind of attachments are you adding?

Anyone else seeing this specific error now?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
procount
Dabbler

I just found this thread, and my wife has been complaining about lost attachments on webmail for weeks.

I also suffered from it myself this Tuesday 23rd May when I thought I had attached a PDF (<800kB), but the recipient responded that there were no attachments, so I had to resend it from another email account.

So, in my opinion, this is still NOT fixed.

(And whilst I'm at it, why does it take SOOOooo Long for my inbox to load up? If I'm lucky it does actually load, but it also times out a lot too)

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear she's having issues.

Drop me a private message with her username and we'll get it looked into.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Navigator
Hooked

Hi Chris (Gaffer),

My attachments are exactly the same as I have been sending over many years with Webmail.

Can't give you the tech identifier but they have been Microsoft Word copies of documents from my desktop  that I share with family and friends from time to time.

When this webmail failure first appeared I was seeking to send a couple of photographs from my desktop

Navigator
Hooked

Gandaff.   (Plusnet help team).

I would benefit from some individual help too!!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear you're having problems @Navigator I've recently created short list of questions to the mega thread over here as this will help us with our ongoing investigations.

I've copied and pasted it below.

If you can answer them as best as you can, it would be much appreciated.

1. How are you trying to obtain your email?

a. Webmail

b. IMAP 

c. POP3 

1. If you've answered IMAP or POP3 to the above question, which mail client are you using?  

a. Outlook

b. Thunderbird

c. Other

1. What device are you using?

a. Phone

b. Tablet

c. PC/Laptop

1. How many devices are you trying on? for example, if it's slow to load on a mobile device, do they you then try to access email through a PC/Laptop at the same time?

5. Are you using your Plusnet connection, or is a 3G/4G connection?

6. Is this browser specific, or does it happen with every browser you try?

7. When did you start to see this issue?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet