cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail message sending error

asavory

Re: Webmail message sending error

It happens literally all the time for me, I can virtually guarantee it when I have an attachment, normally a small word doc. I have to try up to 20 times or more to get it to send, and that's not using wifi. Thankfully I only have to send one or two mails like this every month otherwise I would have given up a long time ago, but it's still frustrating.
I am using the webmail interface on Safari, on a Mac.
Clanger42
Dabbler

Happens to me on replies about 20% of the time if it's just text and 50% of the time if I have to attach something as well.
More likely to happen if I've waited about 30 seconds or more to send but it will still happen if I only spent 10 seconds composing the message. this has happened since day 1 of using this mail service which is something around 2 years now.
Just thought, if while composing a message another Email arrives it's going to be something like a 95% fail.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Are you using Safari too, or some other web browser?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Clanger42
Dabbler

I only use Chrome
Clanger42
Dabbler

Has something changed? I haven't had a failed Email in 2 days, even if I wait for ages before sending. This has never happened before.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: Clanger42
Has something changed?

Not to my knowledge.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

This is continuing to happen - but for the first time today I managed to get a "Sent" confirmation after repeatedly pressing "Send" and "Save" and getting failures. Usually I have to laboriously copy everything out into a new email. I wonder what I did differently today? For info this email was a new one (not a reply or forward) to a single recipient with a single line of text and a 64.2KB image attached. The problem more often occurs on reply-to or forwarded emails with pasted-in text and attachments.

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

This is getting worse - and more frequent.

This morning I tried to send an email with one line of text and a small (200kb) picture attached.

The first attempt refused to send or save !

So I started a new email - copied the text in, reuploaded the picture and the same thing happened !!

So I started another new email - copied the text in, reuploaded the picture and the same thing happened again !!!

Then I returned to the tab of the first one, pressed Send again - and it went !!!!

Why is this such a problem? Would you PLEASE resolve it!

EDIT - using Firefox 47.0 on XPSP3 desktop via wired connection

Roy2
Hooked

I've started getting this problem over the last few weeks and it is getting steadily worse.  The error messages are 'Failed to send message' if trying to send the message or 'An error occurred while saving' if trying to save the message to the draft folder.  .The problem is much more frequent when trying to send a message with an attachment (say 200 kb),  Sometimes, after repeated attempts to send or save the message, it suddenly works properly - other times I have tried up to 20 times before giving up.  E-mail system is Outlook, operating system is Windows 10, and the problem occurs both with Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge. Any ideas?  It doesn't occur on my EE/Orange fsmail account.

Thanks

Roy

Roy2
Hooked

Update on this. The problem got progressively worse.  Couldn't send anything with attachments.  Just the same when using PlusNet webmail on my Android tablet or on the public computers at the local library.  Rang PlusNet today - had to wait in the queue for 25 minutes but once answered 'Craig' was very helpful.  Apparently they have had problems at PlusNet webmail but he said that they have just rectified this.  Have tested this out and, on evidence of two successful emails with attachments, it seems to be true.  Hope so - was getting to be a real problem. Has anyone else still got these problems?

Roy

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Thread locked
Please post all further issues regarding Webmail in the following thread: Problems with Webmail

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still