Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail login problem

ajax
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Webmail login problem

I use a desktop, a laptop, and an iPad. I’ve used the same password on all three machines without problems to access my inbox on webmail.plus.net for the past 12 months (and the same username for the past 12 years). Suddenly on the iPad only I am unable to login, receiving the message ‘Invalid request! No data was saved’. Carefully and repeatedly entering the username and password by hand yields the same result, whilst entering the same details on both desktop and laptop continues to give me instant access. Any ideas on how I resolve this please?

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Webmail login problem

Sorry to see you're having issues logging into webmail on your iPad.

By going into the saved passwords history in the iPad settings are you able to delete any saved password relating to webmail.plus.net? Are you also using the default browser Safari or a different one? 

If you've not tried a second browser yet is it possible to download another one like Chrome?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Just to be totally clear, when you say “webmail” you do mean access using a web browser and the webmail service on PlusNET platforms?

Some people call the email service “webmail” regardless of how they access it, for example via the iPad email application. That is known for getting its nicker elastic twisted, giving the appearance of a password failure.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ajax
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I’m using Safari and the webmail service on the PlusNET platform. The only saved password I have in the iPad settings relating to webmail.plus.net is the one I’ve successfully used for the past year but which is now rejected. Yes, I’ll try another browser as I’m currently getting nowhere with this. Thanks for the responses.