cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail is very usable today

kmilburn
Grafter

Webmail is very usable today

It appears the migration was successful and has had the desired performance improvement.  Smiley
The longest delay I've seen so far is 8 seconds, with most actions completing within a couple of seconds,  and the inbox polling consistently within half a second.
This compares to fairly consistent delays of 21 seconds last week!
9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Webmail is very usable today

Cheers for letting us know about that, glad to hear that the improvements are noticeable from a customer's point of view.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I tried FIVE times to send a message at about 2.00pm and each time I was advised that the server wasn't available. Fortunately though things otherwise were slow I was able to save it to drafts and I've now sent it without a problem. I presume this was all connected to the switchover?
drj
Aspiring Pro

No - not solved I'm afraid - I've just had another outgoing email rejected at 18.13 and grabbed a screenshot of the error message this time. I've tried another twice after writing this response out and got the same error message each time.  I've saved it to Drafts to send later on.
drj
Aspiring Pro

For info I've just tried another 2 responses to different people and none have gone - which seems to rule out this being an issue in a particular email. All other sites are working fine and as I pointed out shortly before the problems this evening the one I couldn't send at lunchtime went out without a problem. XPSP3 using FF16.0.2
randpwar
Grafter

I have tried to send emails from my Plusnet account but all have failed with SMTP Error - Connection to server failed.
I am, however, able to send emails via my Metronet account using Thunderbird
drj
Aspiring Pro

Having failed to send emails at 8.30pm this evening, I now can't even get to the login page for webmail - nothing's happening on https://portal.plus.net/index_portal.html?home=login and I'm just getting a timeout message : "The server at webmail.plus.net is taking too long to respond."
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1352755901.htm
Webmail problems (73329) - NEW
Email
Posted on: Monday 12 November 2012, 21:31
There is currently a problem affecting our webmail platform.
When trying to connect to webmail you may be seeing timeouts or an error message.
Our engineers are investigating and we'll provide further information as it becomes available.
Kind regards,
Matt Taylor
Customer Support
drj
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Oldjim
Yes - working perfectly downloading to Outlook Express. Clearly a webmail problem.
drj
Aspiring Pro

Just had the "server unavailable" message twice when trying to send an email via webmail (hence mentioning it on this topic where I'd reported it previously) - however it did get through the third time.
Not sure whether this is because I'm presently using a Vodafone dongle and reception this weekend has dropped off meaning I can only get EDGE rather than the usual 3G? However emails sent yesterday went immediately under the same circumstances with no drop-outs.
EDIT - same thing happened again twenty minutes later. I think I'll assume it's EDGE related rather than webmail related however.