Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail is completely down

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Webmail is completely down

I've tried to send a message this morning on webmail but it hung after I pressed send - now I can't even log in - I'm getting:

Service Unavailable

The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

7 REPLIES 7
drj
Aspiring Pro

Re: Webmail is completely down

Working again. I've never found it completely down before - only slow...

tobydwall

I have been able to use webmail on my iPad but only occasionally on my wife's iMac and on my MacBook Pro.   Various messages come up in the latter two cases (if webmail loads at all), including 'temporarily unavailable', "internal service error", "try again later", etc. All attempts to make contact with Plusnet have failed (unacceptably long waits, bland unhelpful predetermined messages that don't address the problem) and the only advice offered is to open another email client. This is not a viable solution as so many of my links with banks, shopping, etc. include my email as part of the access information required.  Can nothing be done? I am almost at the end of my tether.

drj
Aspiring Pro

Working at the moment.

I find it helps to keep the preview pane open so once you get a listing it stays there and doesn't have to regenerate all the time

colintivy
Rising Star

@drj

It is a pity to have started yet another heading unless "complete" has any significance from the two which are well established. It is my opinion that these aught to be divided into "Webmail extremely Slow" comments and "Problems with Webmail" for other things like signing-on not behaving as it should and not the overloading covered in the previous topic.

drj
Aspiring Pro

Completely down meant completely down. Much worse than normal
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all,

I just wanted to drop in to let you know that we are aware that webmail is still a problem.

The issues with slow speeds and timeouts are still being investigated and we are working towards solutions for this.

Please take a look at our latest service status update if you'd like to know more:

http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1478880406.htm

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Thread locked
Please post all further issues regarding Webmail in the following thread: Problems with Webmail

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still