Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail filtering isn't working properly

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Webmail filtering isn't working properly

In my webmail inbox (RoundCube) there are 12 dispersed emails from eBay (out of 87 emails in total) - I thought I'd put eBay into the search box to go through them quickly.
However only three entries were found when I hit return - and two of those were other emails sent by me containing eBay in the message body.
So why was only 1 out of the 12 emails picked up in the search? It's set to "entire message" with all boxes ticked.
Most of the emails are from ebay@ebay.co.uk - putting ebay@ebay.co.uk into the search box comes up with nothing at all!
Clearly something is deficient somewhere...
6 REPLIES 6
drj
Aspiring Pro

Re: Webmail filtering isn't working properly

45 views - no one expressing an opinion?
drj
Aspiring Pro

Just tried again in a totally different context.
I searched on "cross" and only got one result despite knowing there should be more.
However note the header on the attached screenshot - it says it found SEVENTEEN emails yet is only displaying one.
Is the search routine permanently broken? Does no one else use it?
EDIT - XP/FF29.0.1
drj
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: drj
In my webmail inbox (RoundCube) there are 12 dispersed emails from eBay (out of 87 emails in total) - I thought I'd put eBay into the search box to go through them quickly.
However only three entries were found when I hit return - and two of those were other emails sent by me containing eBay in the message body.
So why was only 1 out of the 12 emails picked up in the search? It's set to "entire message" with all boxes ticked.
Most of the emails are from ebay@ebay.co.uk - putting ebay@ebay.co.uk into the search box comes up with nothing at all!
Clearly something is deficient somewhere...

I've re-run the "ebay" search and found the same problem - eleven emails displayed but it says it's found 33!
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Sorry drj, can't really comment on this one as I'm not using RoundCube much and certainly never had the need to use the search filtering within it.
Anyway, not much help for you but I am following.  Wink
That's RPM to you!!
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Oh, just had a thought, could the search be linked to page display? On the screen shots you've added unfortunately it doesn't show if pages are involved or not. So it might be possibly showing only the results on that particular page of emails you're viewing.
Should be quite easy to discount this idea, so I await your response.
That's RPM to you!!
drj
Aspiring Pro

No - the count is currently showing 173 emails on one page -  when I did the screenshots it was about 130 or so but I've had a deluge of emails in from eBay in the last two days