cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail error - Failed to set sender invalid domain (no MX or A record)

PJDa

Webmail error - Failed to set sender invalid domain (no MX or A record)

Hi

New to PlusNet and trying to setup my mail account - I can login to webmail but when I try and send an email I get the error

'SMTP Error (550): Failed to set sender "<name@username.plus.com" (<name@username.plus.com> sender rejected - invalid domain (no MX or A record))'

I see this error was reported on freenetname domain but I am on username.plus.com domain.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 122

Re: Webmail error - Failed to set sender invalid domain (no MX or A record)

Hi @PJDa,

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered this issue. If you try setting your mailbox up on a client, does the same issue occur?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
PJDa

Thx for responding - I have just tried it again from Webmail and message was sent successfully - guess there was something that took some time to be set up correctly.

Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 1,511

Thanks for getting back to us @PJDa

It can generally take up to 4 hours. Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button.
From 31st October 2022, I'll no longer have a regular presence here as I'm moving on to a new role within Plusnet.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 104

@PJDa wrote:

Thx for responding - I have just tried it again from Webmail and message was sent successfully - guess there was something that took some time to be set up correctly.

Are you a brand new Plusnet user?

If yes, you cannot access the SMTP server until AFTER your service goes live.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

PJDa

Hi

Thanks for the response.  I am a brand new PlusNet broadband user (and hence to the email aspects of PlusNet).  My service started on 8th Dec 2021 and I got the email error on 10th Dec 2021.  I had expected things to be up and running by then but guess there might have been some weekend glitches before normal service resumed.