cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail almost unusable - and has been for months (if not years)

andywat
Dabbler

Webmail almost unusable - and has been for months (if not years)

Can you please sort out your webmail service? It's awful. I can't use it. My inbox messages almost never load. I can only read them on my mobile, desktop just doesn't work. Typically it spends 5 mins "Refreshing" (on first load), then either loads nothing without an error, or loads nothing with a FETCH error. Either way, loads nothing. Can you please fix it?

It fluctuates, and has done for years, between dodgy and awful. Never good.

And SquirrelMail not a good alternative - that does allow me to read emails but not send. When I reply to an email it says:

"Syntax error in parameters or arguments
501 <an**********n@totalise.co.uk@an**********n@totalise.co.uk.plus.com>: malformed address: @an***********n@totalise.co.uk.plu may not follow <an***********n@totalise.co.uk"

Asterix put there by me, it shows my email address in the actual message.

3 REPLIES 3
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: Webmail almost unusable - and has been for months (if not years)

@andywat 

Hi

There are many better and properly supported free email clients available to download. All can be configured to access Plusnet emails. You can choose in Plusnet Settings to get emails from Plusnet sent to any one of them and they will go to the Plusnet provided one at the same time  (that cannot be stopped AFAIK).

I use MS Outlook 2013 (licenced) on my PC and also Thunderbird.

See https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/bd-p/Email

Dave

cq20v

Having exactly the same issue. Been with Plusnet for many years and the performance / Service now is an embarassment. Virtually impossible to read more than one or tow emails before it drops and even more difficult to try and contact customer services.

Looking for a new provider

andywat
Dabbler

Connecting via a mail client, such as Outlook or Windows Mail, does solve the problem. See this link - the first post worked for me. It's the webmail interface that is rubbish, the actual email system does work - it's just not usable via webmail (or squirrelmail for me).