Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail all emails disappeared

FIXED
vsully

Webmail all emails disappeared

Hi 

Looking for some help please...

Last week I tried to access my plusnet emails from my phone and discovered they were all missing.  They have also vanished from webmail.

The only messages I now have on the server are those that have arrived since the deletion from Friday 27 July onwards

I contacted support online about this last week but have not heard anything about it since and the emails are still missing.  Please could someone from plusnet support look into this for me 

Thanks

Vicky

9 REPLIES 9
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 104

Re: Webmail all emails disappeared

A warm welcome to the forums.

Have you missed any warning emails about your email store exceeding the fair usage policy? Take a look at your old tickets - see the link below.

If your emails have been archived you can request a restore to allow you to tidy up.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @vsully 

@Townman was right with his assumption - looks like we have contacted you about this recently. Take a look at this ticket on your account. 

To request your email account is un-archived you have give us a shout on here and we will send off the request. 

Thanks 

vsully

Thanks to you both.  The linkbar under @Townman 's post is really useful

I can see the weekly messages about my limit on the ticket link although I don't recall seeing the emails in my inbox , maybe they got filtered out

@MasterOfReality Could you restore the archive please and I'll go through and delete what I don't need and any big attachments and then download it locally

Thanks

Vicky

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 104

Hi Vicky,

When you have tidied up your email folders, please remember to empty the trash (deleted) folder as that still takes up email storage space.

I can see the weekly messages about my limit on the ticket link although I don't recall seeing the emails in my inbox , maybe they got filtered out

Are you monitoring your "default" email account - often it is (always used to be) postmaster@username.plus.com or username@username.plus.com - many people forget that important communications are sent by Plusnet to the default email account.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,512

Fix

Hiya Vicky. We've submitted the request to unarchive your mail now.

Due to the way our systems work the requests are actioned every 30 minutes, so you should see your messages drop back down after half an hour.

Hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I've moved on to a new role within Plusnet.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet
vsully

Thanks - they reappeared and I have been copying them elsewhere.

Seems to be an issue with deleting them as I keep getting server error / request time out messages but I will try and work it out.  At least I have access to them for now

vsully

Thanks for the tip.  I put a postmaster redirect on my emails to send them elsewhere so I should get service messages now hopefully

It;s possible it wasn't set up correctly in the first place but it works now - I tested it

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,512

Glad to hear your emails are back.

Apologies for the issues you're experiencing with webmail, it's an issue we're aware of and investigating.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I've moved on to a new role within Plusnet.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet
Mav
Fixes: 504

Moderator's note:

Several posts removed that related to https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/empty-message-folders-when-using-mobile-phone-but-not-laptop/m-p...

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still