Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail all emails deleted

FIXED
Sooty08
Hooked

Webmail all emails deleted

I received an email from PlusNet to say that we have too many emails on the server. So, I follow the instructions and go onto webmail to delete old emails. Granted there was a lot of them over 8000.

I tried to delete emails from 2016 and earlier. I extended the number to view per page, viewed them in earliest date first order, and started deleting them. I made a mistake it appears, because I emptied the deleted email box and it looks like the LOT HAVE GONE.

Any way I can get at least the last 12 months worth back?

I've tried the customer support tab but can't seem to get anywhere.

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Webmail all emails deleted

Hi there and I'm sorry to hear this.

I've raised a task with our infrastructure operational engineers to try to restore your messages back to your mailboxes. I can't guarantee this will be successful but we'll try our best. In the meantime, have they gone to your deleted items folder?

[edit]

Ignore that last part, I see you’ve already said you think you emptied that box. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Sooty08
Hooked

Hi Gandalf,

Thanks for coming back to me much appreciated.

Even if you could recover the last 6 months that would be excellent. I got confused when using the Webmail and at one point received a 'server error'. I thought I was only deleting page by page but obviously selected all of them.

It was not that user friendly. Really appreciate your help.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

No problems at all, I've just had confirmation that we've restored what we have back to your mailboxes.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Sooty08
Hooked

Great Job PlusNet - thank you!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

That's cool, no worries.

I'm glad that we've managed to restore them for you. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet