Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail access

FIXED
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Webmail access

I don't use PN email services as I have my own domain, but it occurred to me reading the forums, that some notices from PN will be sent to my PN address. I found the webmail page and it says to put in the username and password for the account section of the site and not forum username. I did this and got an error "User name doesn't exist/ Password wrong". I am assuming that because I signed up to PN with my .co.uk address, a default one wasn't created for my account?

Thanks

Mark

11 REPLIES 11
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Webmail access

Is the address given on this page -

https://www.plus.net/member-centre/account/details

your 'co.uk' one?

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @Marksfish,

From the information you have provided it sounds like you don't have a mail box setup on that account.

Any service notices or tickets that have been sent can be accessed through the member centre. Can you click here and sign in with the username and password for that account.

Please let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

@198kHz wrote:

Is the address given on this page -

https://www.plus.net/member-centre/account/details

your 'co.uk' one?

It is my domain email address, yes.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

From the information you have provided it sounds like you don't have a mail box setup on that account.

Any service notices or tickets that have been sent can be accessed through the member centre. Can you click here and sign in with the username and password for that account.

Please let us know how you get on.

If I don't have a mailbox that is fine, I don't want one as I use my own email. I was just more worried about something being sent to an email address that was created automatically on signup i.e. username@plus.net that I couldn't access. Hopefully any notifications would be sent to my registered email address as I wouldn't want to have to rely on logging into the portal every day to check.

Mav
Fixes: 515

the default mailbox would be in the format of <username>@<username>.plus.com.

If you go here it should have at least one (default) mailbox listed as '<username>@'

This would be accessed from webmail using the same details as logging into the Portal.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

I get this from that link:

Untitled2.png

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

As far as I'm aware you won't have a mailbox component on your account unless a Plusnet email address was chosen upon signup. If you don't have a mailbox component you won't have a default mailbox or any mailboxes. We can always add one retrospectively though.

All email communications are sent to the registered email address on your account and if you have a mailbox component, to the postmaster@username.plus.com alias which copies the email to any Plusnet email addresses.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Thanks, that's all I needed to know. At least I know there is no default account accumulating unread emails.

Thanks Thumbs_Up

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

No problem Mark. I've just double checked this as I'm in the office now and I can confirm you don't have a mailbox component. Feel free to let us know if you have any further queries. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

Thanks for the confirmation Thumbs_Up

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Not a problem Mark.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet