cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail SMTP 451 max recipients exceeded error

greendave

Webmail SMTP 451 max recipients exceeded error

I'm abroad and logged in to my plusnet webmail from a hotel. Getting this SMTP error with 1 addressee and only 1 cc using webmail to attempt to answer a message which originally had 20-odd recipients. I've gradually cut down recipients to 1 and 1 and still being tripped up. Separately sent a test message to 1 + 3 cc and that works but 1 + 4cc produces the SMTP451.
When the SMTP 451 trips, webmail goes into a sulk and you have to log out/in again before it will play ball again.
Observations:-
1. This is pretty c£@p. How can this app be so poor as to have such limitations? I really would like to send the response to the 20-odd recipients - even if I have to send the f-ing thing 7 or 8 times.
2. The app needs to be more robust (yes, I'm aware that the previous incarnation of webmail was pretty mickey mouse and this looks a whole lot nicer, but...)
3. Even 4 recipients is pretty restrictive - is this tarpitting at work?
What are the limits on recipients with webmail? Any idea why the 'real' email (which is a reply) might be tripping up with this SMTP error even with 1 to: and 1 cc:?
Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated - I'll probably have more emails to send to this group.
Cheers