Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail Mailboxes

wharfe1

Webmail Mailboxes

Hi
New on here and new to Webmail.
Two things I find missing in in Plus Webmail
1. I have two mail boxes but when either is opened you have no indication which you are in.
2. No easy switch between mailboxes without logging out and back in.
Or am I missing something ?
Jon
6 REPLIES 6
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Webmail Mailboxes

Hi wharfe1,
Welcome to our community forums.
When you enter your details at http://webmail.plus.net it will take you to your main Pluisnet email address.
To go to an additional mailbox, you need to enter the following at login, i.e. Username+additionalmailboxname
You need to have the '+' symbol in between your username and additional mailbox, you'll then need to enter your password and this will log you into your additional mailbox.
wharfe1

Hi Chris
Thanks for your reply.
Not sure I have made my query clear. 
When logged into a mail box there  to view messages  there is nothing I can see on the screen to confirm  which box you are in.  Fine if only have one mailbox but  not for multiple boxes.
Switching between mail boxes involves logging out and then back into the new one.  Webmail I  used previously  provides a dropdown window in any mailbox you happen  to be in showing the other mailboxes you can switch to without logging out. 
Any chance Plus net can offer these facilities ?
Regards
John
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

It's due to security purposes, as it's a different email address you do need to login separately to that account.
You could add multiple email address in an email client that would allow you to use a drop down and choose which email address to send from.
wharfe1

Hi Chris
Thanks for your reply.  Is there any way to add to the mailbox  header ?  some  text to show which mailbox  I am  in at the time ?
Regards
Jon
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

One option is to create a folder in each mailbox whose name is specific to that mailbox. The folder list on the left will then enable the mailbox to be identified. (The folder can remain empty, just there for identification.)
To create a folder, click the gearwheel button bottom left and select Manage folders.
Click the + button that appears, type in the name and click Save.
David
wharfe1

Thanks Spraxyt.  Good Idea.
Regards
Jon