Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail Link On Safari

Tykebike
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Webmail Link On Safari

I use a shortcut on my Safari toolbar to access webmail but cannot get it to work properly now, the link I'm using is:https://webmail.plus.net

The login screen is displayed, I then fill in my username, password and Force9 as the server and enter login, I then get the error message shown in the screenshot attached.

Can anyone help please? 

5 REPLIES 5
Bojang1
Grafter

Re: Webmail Link On Safari

Hi, I've just tried logging in here on the same URL and it worked fine. It might be blocked by a filter (parental setting). Which would explain the 303 error redirecting. Have you tried connecting on a mobile phone using 4G rather than the Plusnet network

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Have a read of this - network - Safari giving "kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error 303" when visiting a site - Ask Different (st... - it is a tad technical!

I am not encountering this error when logging in via Safari on iPhone 11.  Not using Plusnet's parental safeguarding, on a static IP address.

Details of device / iOS version / safeguarding tools / AV / VPN / static IP address (as applicable) would be helpful here please.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

Here's my 10p's worth for what, if any, good it will do. Using the link provided by @Tykebike I managed to log in to my Plusnet mail using Safari v15.2 on macOS Monterey v12.1. 

Looking at @Townman's link I checked to see if I had the archive.org cache which I don't so might explain my ability to log in. Do you have the archive.org cache @Bojang1?

As an aside @Tykebike why don't you configure Apple Mail to access the account on your machine, it's so much more convenient. 

Tykebike
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the delay in replying to your kind replies, I've been banging my head against a brick wall trying to get Outlook for Android set up to view my F9 emails whilst on holiday abroad; I gave up in the end and opted for Samsung email which took all of 5 mins to get up and running with imap.

This was one of the reasons for wanting to access webmail to read my emails when I'm away from home as I used to have problems sending emails from my Macbook Pro when connected to other people's wifi but someone on here helped me overcome that one.

To answer a few of your questions:

@Bojang1 I have successfully connected using the same web address on my Android phone away from home. 

As far as I am aware I do not have any parental filters on Plusnet or Kaspersky as I do not have any children.

@Townman I am having this problem on my mid 2014 Macbook Pro running Big Sur 11.6.2 Safari 15.2

Kaspersky Internet Protection is active. No VPN. Static IP Address 192.168.1.64

@Townman @Mook I looked at the article and deleted the archive.org cache and then managed to log in successfully but this has now changed and I am back to square one.

@Mook I do use Mac Mail but as mentioned above when I am away from home I sometimes have problems sending mail (receiving them no problem) so I revert to using webmail.

I can successfully login to webmail using the same address on my pc running windows 10 on the same network.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Issues sending when not on the Plusnet network is usually down to the SMTP server configuration not being set up to use AUTHENTICATION - that should be "use the same as the incoming server".

Static IP address - I was referring to your Plusnet (WAN) IP address, not your LAN IP address.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.