cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail Imap Server Error

computeguy
Hooked

Webmail Imap Server Error

Hi I signed up some months ago to this community but forgot my login details Any what here's the problem I can login okay left page loads folders which should then load the email headers I can wait up to 5 mins so know there are still on going issues with Webmail. How ever the problem has been getting worse and now a holding page appears Uh oh sorry we cant show this page at the moment please try later it's happened lots of times through out today and I am told  to set up a email client  and it's free service so isn't important and is often left for days and weeks before it's fixed 2 weeks ago it was fixed and the service was perfect probably around 10 secs wait after folders load on the left hand side the email headers appear now it's taking for ever to show the email headers, then bang the holding page appears. There is clearly faults still present in the webmail. I spoke to a Sam Chapman about 10 days ago and he could see the amount of problems I was having and was very professional in his approach 2 days later the problem was fixed  Smiley But now it's playing up again so would be greatful to the faults dept to look at the problem again it's driving me crazy and sorry I am not setting up a email client just want the problem fixed, I came to plusnet over 9 years ago the webmail service was fine till about 2 years ago come on peeps please fix it. The other issue which is a fairly new problem is iam signed up to a forum and when new posts  that you have subscribed to are posted you get email notifications sent to via a email address in this case it's webmail (plusnet) well some text is missing in the email and yet when I visit the thread all the text is there I asked the forum and they seem to think its my email provider at fault and not the forum can some one advise me on this .Thx Computeguy

7 REPLIES 7
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Webmail Imap Server Error

Hi @computerguy 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by the intermittent webmail issues. We're aware of this and are continually working on rectifying this once and for all -  we provide updates over on our service status page

Can I ask if you are noticing latency such as this on other websites or when you are browsing the internet in general? 

Please accept my apologies, and thank you for the patience and understanding you have shown whilst we have been working on this issue. 

Thanks 

computeguy
Hooked

HI MasterOf Reality  thx for your reply on this matter Smiley Tbh no latency on other sites! So Iam told it could be because  a lot of other people have been migrated from other servers that appear in the drop down list when logging in to PlusNet, so over capacity is happening, but I think it's a coding issue as for months it was very slow loading the second pane  email headers (page) after logging in and spoke to Sam Chapman and low and behold it was fixed to the point where both pages were better synced  after logging in to webmail  (probably 10 secs between both panes loading!) And it run much better for 2 weeks now its gone wrong again  I do trust this information will be fed back to the email/network staff to fix the lag between the 2 panes loading after login. Why do Plusnet use a split page (pane) design on their webmail? It has gone on long enough to be fair Thx again ATB

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

@computeguy 

I'll add this issue and your comments (real helpful btw - thanks for those) to the ongoing internal ticket regarding this. 

I can;t guarantee you a time frame for this to be rectified i'm afraid, however please be assured that your feedback will reach the relevant people. 

Thanks again 

computeguy
Hooked

MasterOfReality many thanks for this! Ok not saying the faults guys don't know what they are doing, but if a free HTML Validator was used it would show any errors in the system it only takes for eg too many 20%'s etc in a code string (if string is the right word lol) to cause errors sure you cant put a time frame on it but to be fair it has gone on for a very long time. Hi MasterOfReality not saying it's fixed but there has been a big improvement in loading the email headers part of the second pane (page) and no longer getting the plusnet holding page saying this page cant be shown right now please try later, so by you passing on my previous problems may have started the ball rolling now Smiley would you be so kind to monitor this for me say once a week to see if the problem at last has been fixed? Many Thx Smiley  

computeguy
Hooked

Hi I have had a lot of PlusNet pages saying uh oh we cant show this page (email headers) today  atm etc please check our community and service status pages  which I have done only to find out this has not been updated for 130 days. Webmail used to work perfectly till they migrated other customers over to the plusnet webmail platform so wether it's a coding issue or over capacity problem or both it seriously needs fixing. Thx

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, we do recognise this is an issue for a number of customers and I can't promise to proactively update just yourself via this thread but I can promise you that we are doing all we can. - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
computeguy
Hooked

Hi Adam thx for your reply this plusnet page display is only fairly recent the other issue is the panes there are 2 of them are often out of sync then about 3 weeks ago it was fixed The split panes that is and was only 10 secs delay between the 2 panes now the second pane is taking for ever to load thx again appreciated.