cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail - Extremely Slow

bazzer
Pro

Re: Webmail - Extremely Slow

I normally find that as the morning goes on things start to get incredibly slow but OK at present and I'm on a work network which isn't great.

Johnny_Blue
Grafter

Finding it OK, ATM.

MadScientist
Grafter

Yes, really good at moment.  Key question: will it last?

Johnny_Blue
Grafter

I'm getting the 'failed to send message' error again...

vanessen
Rising Star

I'm finding it back to 'normal' ie slow but usable.  I hope that PN knows what went wrong and how to fix it if this happens again.

And the upload speeds, which have been abysmal and probably contributed to the webmail problem, also seem to be back to normal.  But maybe there is a separate thread about upload speeds?

bazzer
Pro

Same here - very slow again

Johnny_Blue
Grafter

I've got 'message failed to send' error again, and that after waiting an age to upload a 5.8MB file.

Grrrrrrrrrrr!

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We're seeing an overall increase in performance, but are keeping investigating and will keep the service status thread on this open whilst we do.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

If this is an increase in performance I would hate to see how much worse it could be. Just got booted out with 'session invalid' message, same again when trying to log back in, then 'IMAP connection failed', and finally gave up after logging was hanging with the 'Loading...' message.

My other car isn't a Ferrari
ChrisDancer
Grafter

It was fine on Monday, slow yesterday and absolutely useless today, I've been waiting 5 minutes for my inbox to open and when it has worked it's been extremely slow with constant disconnects.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Chris , yes it has improved, But still aweful afternoon's
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
richard33
Dabbler

Matthew kindly contacted me today as promised. He indicated that some improvement should have been in place from 9.30am today, but unfortunately I had to respond to him as follows:- "

Thanks for the message, Matthew,

However, whatever the engineers have done, it appears to have made things slower than ever!

It has just taken me over 4 minutes and four attempts to even get my mail inbox to open, in order to read your message.

The message list part of the screen remaining blank and the "loading" message showing, until it timed out four times! The broadband system here is fully up to speed, as I can currently log onto other sites without any significant delay - so the problem clearly still exists with Plusnetmail. The overall response of the PNmail service remains very variable, as other customers are experiencing the same issues.  As the TV ads say, the Customer Service may be good, but the actual service ain't!

I recommend you find a very sharp stick and find a suitable senior person to poke with it.

The best of luck!

Richard"

Interestingly, I read the earlier post from the other thread on this subject, and as a Firefox user, I thought I would try Plusnet Mail using the MS Edge browser. Just the same issues!

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@richard33, is your problem intermittent? Things have been a lot better for me recently, and some basic monitoring I have set up supports my experience.

Is it the default mailbox you're having problems with? I've just simulated logging into your account and it took less than four seconds Huh

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

It was very slow an hour or two ago. As well as the Inbox taking ages to load, emails weren't fully opening - so although I could read them, when deleting it went back to the Inbox rather than showing the next email - and since that was taking SO long to load it was tedious. I found it a lot quicker to middle-button click each email to open it in a separate tab then group delete those emails from the Inbox once read.

It's a bit better now but having opened this topic from the notification email I clicked on Inbox and it still took 18 seconds to show the listing.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

PN why is web mail perfect in mornings ,, then becomes treacle as day progresses ?

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .