cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail - Extremely Slow

bazzer
Pro

Re: Webmail - Extremely Slow

Back to the poor performance which caused me to open this thread.

I thought PN had got to grips with this issue and resolved, which it appeared to have for a little while, but now, like others, I'm left hanging for emails to open.

annthomasltd
Rising Star

just had a webchat = same old story.  "webmail is not part of your paid for pkg"   in other words "you have no right to complain like this about our services. If it was internet connection or phoneline, then we might be polite, communicative, and of some help.So just go away"

Also stated (tho no msg on PN service status board- fiddling their figures?not admitting to problems, so their can't be any?) that PN are aware of the ongoing issues but cannot provide a fix date. Told me they would reset something to try and help, but that could take upto 4 hours to take effect. Not good news for a business user. I'm just off for a 4 hour walk and my workload will have to wait. 

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

The problem for me seems to centre mainly around regeneration of the Inbox screen - and a workaround is to use Preview since you're not then constantly having to regenerate the Inbox.
annthomasltd
Rising Star

drj - could be a workaround, thanks. I've just tried it but the inbox/outbox/etc.  will not load right now, just shows a blank inbox after 3 or 4 mins of "loading" icon(repeatedly since 10.30am). I will try when this improves. 

annthomasltd
Rising Star

Cue the Whitesnake music! Again PN webmail won't load inbox/outbox/etc.

Again -  Plusnet = Fail

I refer all to Trustpilot website and look up Plusnet, like I did. I could have just copy&pasted, most of my droning on here, right from Trustpilot, from the MANY HUNDREDS of disgruntled PN customers leaving note of their experience of PN. I could have saved a lot of time. Then I went to all the other review sites to find the same thing. Even when a site gives good scores for PN from their own psychologically designed anonymous surveys, the ACTUAL customer reviews & comments on the same site show appalling reviews and scores (Broadband Genie), when you look back as far as March 2016. Hmmm, a review site giving "good" ratings on a company, and presents awards to them, from which they receive clicks for money via links to said companies...does that mean...?

Standard response to ALL upset customers on one site:

I’m sorry for the problems you’ve experienced and the poor impression we’ve made on you. If you haven’t done so yet we’d be more than happy to help if you’d like to contact our support team, we’re available on our Community Forums(community.plus.net/forum), Live Chat (www.plus.net/contactus). Or why not contact us via Twitter @plusnethelp or via our Facebook page & we'll be more than happy to assist you.

My response: tried forum, even called out for a response   =  ignored by Plusnet

Tried live chat = verbal/typed put down from Plusnet staff & condescending manner to be told, "we know there's an ongoing problem & still can't advise on date of improvement"  = no help from Plusnet

Not on Twitter.     Don't do Facebook = no help from Plusnet.

Phone call to PN = same as Live chat above.

I'm gonna paste this reply straight into my Trustpilot review just to join their unhappy gang. I've opened dialogue with CISAS about PN still recommending to their business customers that they should go away and waste time trying different browsers to rectify this problem, it happened to me a few days ago when I played dumb on the Live chat (I kept a copy of the whole conversation), only when I stated I knew of their ongoing probs did they change to "it's an ongoing problem that we can't blah,blah,blah". Also mentioned to CISAS about the glaring untruth on PN website,(nothing to do with straplines or adverts), with the proof of my issue contained within that recorded Live chat and screenshot to verify untruth. I'm NOT after any compo, I/we want to be treated as customers & communicate with the service provider we pay.  IE  treated with respect, as is normal in a business environment, and receive a service as advertised & promised. 

New tactic from PN, When issue raised, customer receives note saying- it's noted, but if YOU don't contact US again within eleven days to state it's still a problem, we'll just close it off & forget about it.  = ridiculous customer service = because we cant get our act together in a reasonable timeframe, we expect YOU the customer to do OUR jobs for us and waste time advising us of the problem that's still a problem!  You just can't make this up! Customer Services Manager at PN must be a writer on Mrs Browns Boys - trying to be funny yet failing in all areas.

Finally, Plusnet, for a while now you've reminded me of my dealings with Npower a few years back, they were also incompetent in the same areas as you, and lack of understanding of a repeat business sector. I left them before they got really really bad & ended up getting fined & disgraced. It took a couple of years for them to drown in their own slurry, so I/we will have to wait for that slow process to complete here. 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Sadly I have to agree that PlusNet have lost the plot - that's one of the reasons I frequent this forum so much less.  Rather got sick of being one of the more regular contributors helping people out here, in the face of inadequate Plusnet resources here along with a forum platform having so many issues not being attended to (other than the excellent work done on the skin) by the external provider.  I do not see many of the promised benefits being delivered here.  We were told that stats from this system would support justification for more staff.

I see few responses to PMs - all promise of it being better "tomorrow".  There are simply not enough well skilled bodies around - BT management practices have got too deep into what was previously a truly first class technology operation.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bazzer
Pro

I have seen this too often in other business suppliers I have used.

Good medium sized companies that provide great service and support but then get swallowed up by the big boys with all the promises of there being no change but, inevitably, there is as the cost of buy outs dictates that compromises have to be made in order to recoup the outlay.

What a shame that this is happening to PN a company that I used to recommend without fail because of its excellent service.

davek
Dabbler

Well, that's finally it for my PN Webmail, other than as a dumping ground for garbage. It's so sad that we've had a whole series of lame excuses and half promises from PN for months, and absolutely nothing has improved - why can't they at least be honest and admit that they are letting Webmail wither away? I don't want to move over to the corporate giants for my main email service, but the ongoing chronic slowness of Webmail has left me with no alternative.

The main concern now is how long will it take before we see a degradation in other aspects of the hitherto excellent broadband service. And consequently I can't be the only user now seriously looking for an alternative broadband supplier.

Johnny_Blue
Grafter

Indeed, Plusnet Webmail now back to its very worst (and even the IMAP clients I've been using instead are also struggling). Absolutely dire customer service attitude.

EDIT: SquirrelMail has also virtually expired.

southerner
Aspiring Pro

It seems to me the mail service as a whole has major problems.

I've seen people complain about not being able to send mail, people having problems using webmail and personally I can hardly ever now connect to imap.plus.net to check my mail.

According to support chat Plusnet are aware there is a 'mail slowdown' but they have no idea of it's cause or when/if it might be fixed and you can't raise a fault against it. Great stuff Plusnet Angry

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I have given up posting here Sad  web mail will never get fixed

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
southerner
Aspiring Pro

The mail servers underneath Webmail are frequently unreachable (at least to me) so I guess Webmail wouldn't work either.

I got the impression from chat support yesterday that mail isn't any longer part of your Plusnet package so tough if it doesn't work or doesn't work properly Angry

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Nearly two months on and webmail is still exceedingly poor.  Need to admin email for a referral out of the UK and the performance is slower than watching paint dry.  What if anything is being done about this abysmal service?  @Chris @bobpullen @PlusnetLiam

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bazzer
Pro

The last 2 days have been awful. This is what you get now, a bit part service with no continuity of service.

They're clearly not bothered in resolving otherwise something would have been done by now.

So much for the claims of "We'll Do You Proud"

bazzer
Pro

Service Unavailable

The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Getting this message virtually every time I attempt to open an email.