Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail - Extremely Slow

Johnny_Blue
Grafter

Re: Webmail - Extremely Slow

@ Strat

If you're a Mod (-erator, as opposed to a 60s scooter-rider and Parka-wearer), can't you get anything done to sort out this mess?

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I'm afraid not as we are just customers like yourself.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Moderators here are just ordinary customers like most others using this community site, they have no superpowers at all*; mere mortals. They're a decent bunch and do a (very) good (voluntary) job but they are otherwise as ordinary as anyone else - I don't think a single one of them can even leap tall buildings in a single bound.  Sorry to disappoint/disillusion.

For Superpowers (relatively speaking) look out for those with little 'Staff' / 'Admin' badges.

[Edit] * except they type quicker than me  Wink

[Further edit] Webmail right now actually seems a bit quicker than it has been for a while (still slow but not as painfully slow as it's been).

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Johnny_Blue
Grafter

Quote:

"[Further edit] Webmail right now actually seems a bit quicker than it has been for a while (still slow but not as painfully slow as it's been)."

I can at least access the Webmail page now, but it's taking about 20 seconds to 'load' each email, and about the same to 'delete' (i.e., move to 'Deleted Items' folder).

I did use to have a life, you know...

bazzer
Pro

If I access my emails via my iPad or iPhone I don't find the delays or time-outs are anywhere near as bad as when I access via my PC.

So why would that be?

Unfortunately it is not always convenient to use either of those devices especially when I want to type a lengthy email.

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Right now it's slower than ever for me.

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

'Slightly' quicker for me today but still sluggish.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
bazzer
Pro

This is just getting worse. 

Its been nigh on impossible to access today and every time I do get access I can't read any mail because it times out.

An absolute sham of a service.

leo99
Hooked
Fixes: 1

thought I would add my name to the list, this has been happening on and off for weeks and it doesn't seem right that there should potentially be another 4 weeks before the service improves - and what if it doesn't?

bazzer
Pro

Have to say that from my conversation with PN there was no mention of there being 4 weeks to resolve, in fact, it wasn't even acknowledged as to what is actually causing the problem!

This could be long term.

ChrisDancer
Grafter

For years PlusNet webmail has been varying in cycles from barely adequate to unuseable. Just lately it's been getting worse. I spoke to a service person today and he suggested changing the settings on my antivirus (Avast). I tried disabling Avast temporarily and that did seem to speed things up a bit - messages opening in 5 seconds instead of 30 - but now it's back to where it was. Now it's intermittently displaying pages improperly formatted with text overwritten on the screen.

I don't know how they can make it consistently so bad for so long and never do anything about it. Are there so few people who use webmail, or does everybody just muddle along with it?

Edit: Or does it actually work OK for most people?

Johnny_Blue
Grafter

Can't be antivirus software causing the problem, I use Linux so don't need any...

Now Plusnet Webmail unusable (see yet another screenshot attached).

bazzer
Pro

Nope - I'm using both PC and MAC on different networks and it's exactly the same. It's a PN issue that no one is addressing.

ChrisDancer
Grafter

I've been getting that Secure Connection Failed message too, it started today when I switched to Firefox.

annthomasltd
Rising Star

Just "opened a question to PN" via their member website. reference number is: 125938407

Asking them to read all entries on this post, investigate, then respond. Otherwise I have no doubt that......."We've not received an official complaint/question on this matter via our recommended systems"....would be a future echo.

Keep up the posts and replies.