cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail (Delete the Address Book).

FIXED
caravaner

Webmail (Delete the Address Book).

Hi Folks, I have trawled through previous posts, but unfortunately I cannot find anyway or info on how to delete the Address Book in the plusnet webmail app.

I unfortunately uploaded the wrong address book, so I'm having problems getting the relevant email addresses I want to use. I have problems also deleting lone identities. So best thing for me is to get rid of this address book. 🤔

5 REPLIES 5
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Webmail (Delete the Address Book).

Hi @caravaner, I am sorry that you're having issues removing the address book. To delete a group:

- Select address book

- Select the chosen group in the groups list

- Click the cog icon at the bottom

- Select the option to delete.

Hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
caravaner

Hi Team, unfortunately this has not worked, the cog item does not 'light up', so i cannot complete the action to delete the address book as instructed. Can you delete it for me, the book is labled Personal Addressess.

regards

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Fix

I don’t think you can delete the complete Personal Address Book, nor would you want to. Emptying it will achieve what you need  

To do this find that address book and open it. Then right click anywhere and choose “select all”.  Right click again and choose “delete”. All the entries should now be gone. So save the changes and exit. 

Note - I haven’t tried this to confirm the process works as written.  But I think it should. Please give it a try and let us how you get on. 

David
caravaner

Thanks for the help.

I think that I have solved my problem. The address book cannot be deleted, however it is possible to overwrite the original download that you have done by importing a new address book and selecting the overwrite function.

This deletes the address book that was originally downloaded, and the new address book is installed. After trial and error with this method I have achieved a result. I have the address book that I want.

I hope this helps anybody else with this problem.

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Thank you for the input @caravaner which I believe will help other users with similar issues.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team