Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail Attachments

edthebowler
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Webmail Attachments

I now use Plusnet Webmail rather than Outlook etc. and until recently have had no problems. I am currently having great difficulty in uploading attachments. This used to be fine, but now when I try to attach, the uploading goes on indefinitely. Any ideas?
8 REPLIES 8
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Webmail Attachments

Seems OK here. Presumably the files you're trying to attach are < 7MB? Perhaps try a different web browser?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

edthebowler
Dabbler

Thank you for that tip. I have just tried with Internet Explorer instead of my default Firefox and it works fine. Presumably there must be a glitch I need to sort out with Firefox.
Ed
Boz
Rising Star

I have the same problem.  Webmail doesn't let me go beyond "Choose Files".  When this happens I usually use Plusnet's Squirrelmail.  The only drawback with the squirrel system is that it doesn't hold my address book; so I can reply to an email and send an attachment, but I can't copy it to another addressee.
Boz
edthebowler
Dabbler

Hi Boz. As you can see above, I followed Bob Pullen's tip about trying another browser and - bingo - problem solved. It would therefore appear to be a browser problem. I haven't got to the bottom of why Firefox doesn't work, though. I have refreshed it but there is no change so I will have to use Internet Explorer to upload. Best of luck.
Ed
Boz
Rising Star

I hear what you say, but I don't think it is particularly a Firefox problem, because I don't use Firefox.  It must be something to do with the way Webmail accesses your system, maybe through historical or temporary file links, which could be clogged up.  Only Plusnet can tells us how it's done.
Boz
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

It would be more helpful to say which browser you are using rather than what you are not using.
The problem being described here is purely a browser implementation issue, not the third party web mail application used by PlusNET.  If it works in IE and not in Firefox (or indeed other browsers) then those browsers have some common failure to implement the HTML which works elsewhere.
So which browser are you using, on what platform and do you have pop-ups blocked?

...thinking of which Edith's problem could be down to her Firefox configuration having pop-ups blocked.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Boz
Rising Star

As far as I understand, Webmail is an application that only runs when you open it up (log in).  It must then access Plusnet’s servers to find my historical email data, address book etc.  It also has access, via a recorded link, to a default folder on my system to enable downloads to take place and to enable attachments to be chosen, if required, when I create a new email or reply to an existing email.

What you’re saying is that some web browsers, sitting in the background, will randomly decide to break the link to my system just for devilment.  Is this logical?
Boz
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

No I'm not saying that.
When you attempt to add an attachment to an email being created in webmail your browser running on your PC opens up a dialogue to locate the file you want to attach.  How that functionality works (or fails) is down to your browser, not webmail.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.