cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebMail changed?

gofaster
Rising Star

WebMail changed?

Has WebMail been changed? I seem to be missing the option to toggle selections in the message list.
My normal way of working is to read through all the messages and then tick the few I want to keep, "toggle selection" and then hit delete.
Also, I have noticed that occasionally (I haven't been able to identify a pattern) when I select the last unread message the message is displayed but the Previous/Next links are not active, despite there being other messages in the folder.
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: WebMail changed?

Checked your first problem with Firefox and can't replicate it
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

'Toggle All' is there which does as you need in your first problem.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sounds like the usual troubleshooting needed... Clear cookies / cache, try an alternate browser, switch it off and on again, etc. etc. Smiley
gofaster
Rising Star

Weird. Instead of the "Toggle All" I had "Select All" showing. I signed-off and back on again and it magically changed back to Toggle All  Huh
But that won't wash with my other problem, because I know that just quitting the message and selecting it again will (9 times out of 10) bring the Previous/Next links back to life.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Can you get us a screenshot of the problem?
gofaster
Rising Star

I've narrowed this down a bit. It only happens on the first message I view after signing in - but not every time.
I just reproduced the problem. I signed in and selected the 3rd message from a list of 4. The Previous/Next links were inactive - just plain text. I viewed the source of the page and saw:
<small>Previous&nbsp;|&nbsp;Next</small></td>
<td align="right" width="33%" nowrap>

I then went back to the message list, selected the same message and this time the Previous/Next links were active
<small><a href="/src/read_body.php?passed_id=28687&amp;mailbox=INBOX&amp;sort=0&amp;startMessage=1&amp;show_more=0">Previous</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<a href="/src/read_body.php?passed_id=28630&amp;mailbox=INBOX&amp;sort=0&amp;startMessage=1&amp;show_more=0">Next</a></small></td>
<td align="right" width="33%" nowrap>

By signing out and back in again I can recreate this problem 50% of the time.
In case it has any bearing I am using Firefox 3.6.6 on Win XP
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for that, I've reported this to our Development Team with reference 62722. As it's a low priority problem, I can't give an eta for the fix, but it's in the pipeline now.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: gofaster
I just reproduced the problem. I signed in and selected the 3rd message from a list of 4. The Previous/Next links were inactive - just plain text.

We're hoping to roll out a fix for this tomorrow morning.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵