cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web and email from Madasafish, broadband now with Plusnet

martynculling
Dabbler

Web and email from Madasafish, broadband now with Plusnet

As per the title. I transferred to Plusnet after getting a closure notice in, I think, October, but kept the email and domain services with Madasafish Justmail as I was told that was the simple way to set it up.
I was quite pleasantly surprised that both services remained working with no changes needed. However this morning, the Madasafish home page now leads with the forthcoming closure and some parts of the 'my account' service don't seem to be 100% (not surprising really). The questions are simple really, do I need to change and to what?
I'm unable to logon to the Plusnet webmail service, and I do not want to mess with Outlook on the main PC un-needed as although I know the existing settings, one sets up a mail account so rarely, I could well get it wrong at first.
But if there is a new Madasafish home page just for 'Justmail' customers, with the webmail and email settings needing no changes - that would be super. 
5 REPLIES 5
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Web and email from Madasafish, broadband now with Plusnet

Quote from: Slidingpillar
However this morning, the Madasafish home page now leads with the forthcoming closure and some parts of the 'my account' service don't seem to be 100% (not surprising really).

That warning is a bit short sighted and doesn't take into account those with Madasafish services other than phone/broadband. I think we're trying to get the wording changed. If you have a Justmail account, you needn't worry. I'm interested in knowing which parts of 'my account' are lacking though?
I'm unable to logon to the Plusnet webmail service...

It's little known, but you can. You just need to use the 'Plusnet' drop-down and enter your full Madasafish email address as the username.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

martynculling
Dabbler

Bob
Thanks for the reply.
You asked which bits didn't work. I was logged in already to Madasafish, but followed the link to read my historical tickets. It then asked me to re-login, and would not accept the correct information. To be truthful, not a biggy.
The use of Plusnet webmail. Well if you'd not said, I certainly would not have thought it. I did have to play around as the first test message I tried had a mad sending address, or would have, if it had not bombed out! I've now altered it and sent an email to another address I have, and replied and all seems to be working. However the current Madasafish interface is a bit more intuitive and bit easier to log in.
I'm going to bed now, but the simple option seems to be easier to alter the send address which is quite important to me as I need to get my domain appearing. Not yet found on the advanced interface, but I'll play around later.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

You asked which bits didn't work. I was logged in already to Madasafish, but followed the link to read my historical tickets. It then asked me to re-login, and would not accept the correct information. To be truthful, not a biggy.

I don't think that's related to the message on the Homepage. The bug is likely to have existed before.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

martynculling
Dabbler

Bug may have existed before, but wasn't there in September as I successfully used the link. Not a problem though, I copied all the stuff that mattered.
I have managed to set both Plusnet webmail options now to correctly show my domain on sent mail. The simple one was a piece of cake, but the advanced one was a bit counter intuitive. Having said that, the Madasafish webmail is a bit easier to use, so I'll stick with it while it's there.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the feedback. The main message should have been altered now.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team