cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing PlusNet webmail on Android

philwakely

Viewing PlusNet webmail on Android

I am a very frustrated user of Plusnet webmail on my Galaxy S3 mini Android device!  
I have no problem viewing an index my emails, but cannot actually view the content. So, effectively, I know who has sent me an email, but can't actually do anything about it from that device.
- I cannot open an email from the index!
- Also, the checkbox for displaying a preview always seems to be greyed out, even when an email is highlighted in the index and I cannot activate it, so I can never see a preview!
- Somehow, I managed to mess up the column widths - I now have a ridiculously wide column displaying the folders and a column for displaying the content of those folders that is just about wide enough to view the email title sensibly. How it got into that situation, I have no idea! I know that on a PC/laptop, it is simply click and drag the column dividers, but that doesn't work on an android (or, at least, I can't get it to work!)

Can anybody help me please?
7 REPLIES 7
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Viewing PlusNet webmail on Android

Unfortunately I cannot provide you with an answer other than to say I have similar problems when trying to use plusnet webmail on my Samsung tablet.
Using a desktop running linux & firefox plusnet web mail works fine but using a tablet it's a different story. No problem using GMail on a tablet so why plusnet webmail is a problem I have no idea.
Hopefully someone can advise us both further on this matter.
We are born into history and history is born into us.
decomplexity
Rising Star

If PN webmail is such a problem, why not simply use the Android mail client ?
Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017
kmilburn
Grafter

Some of us don't want to access email over an unsecured link when away from home.  Until Plusnet have SSL or TLS  working for IMAP and SMTP, webmail is the only secure option.
The Basic Webmail is a bit more friendly on small screen devices,  but still somewhat cumbersome..
Another option I've seen, but haven't tried is a Roundcube Webmail App,  one initial thought is that you'll have to add the _host parameter to the URL  (e.g.  http://webmail.plus.net/?_host=Plusnet).
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I don't normally use it but webmail seems to work tolerably well on my Nexus7 using the Chrome browser...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: philwakely
- Somehow, I managed to mess up the column widths - I now have a ridiculously wide column displaying the folders and a column for displaying the content of those folders that is just about wide enough to view the email title sensibly. How it got into that situation, I have no idea! I know that on a PC/laptop, it is simply click and drag the column dividers, but that doesn't work on an android (or, at least, I can't get it to work!)

Clearing your browser cache/cookies etc. might restore things to their original glory (?).
As others have alluded to, you might have more luck with the Basic Webmail interface. Until Roundcube becomes responsive (assuming of course, we continue using it), I can't see there being any change to how things work currently.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

westwales

This is still a problem for me. Using the basic Plusnet Webmail login I can't open my emails to read them on my Hudl tablet.
Has anybody found a solution?
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

The only way I've found on my phone is to select the 'cog/wheel' icon and then "Open in new window".
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)