Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Plusnet email address when no longer using Plusnet broadband

FIXED
irritablegit
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Using Plusnet email address when no longer using Plusnet broadband

I understand that if I leave Plusnet broadband that for £20.28 a year I can retain access to my Plusnet email address.

This certainly means I can pick up email received.

My question is, can I also use my Plusnet email address as my default address for SENDING email from Outlook

(that would keep things simple ... anyone hitting the "reply" button will still send to the same address they always have)

6 REPLIES 6
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Using Plusnet email address when no longer using Plusnet broadband

Fix

If you go with the paid option for retaining your email, you would still be able to use our outbound SMTP servers for sending emails Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

So where is the unpaid option then

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@irritablegit wrote:

... anyone hitting the "reply" button will still send to the same address they always have)

The above behaviour has nothing to do with which SMTP server YOU use to SEND your emails.

The above is governed by (where permitted) how you configure YOUR email client's sent email settings (send replies to).  You can have replies to your sent emails directed to any address.  This can be useful for notifying people of a new address and to ensure that replies are sent to a new address.  From Outlook 2010...

Capture reply to.JPG

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

irritablegit
Rising Star

That's probably a good point, but ordinarily I don't do anything related to a return address ... it simply comes back to the same, and that is fine.

However, I'm now thinking of doing something completely different.  I'll post another question for that ...

irritablegit
Rising Star

I see that BT's similar service (Premium Mail) has from this month tripled in price so it's now £60 per year.

Ominous ...

nigelmercier
Grafter

Bottom line: never use an email address from your ISP.