cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsent email notification blanked out

colintivy
Rising Star

Unsent email notification blanked out

I have sent a Fwded email to a couple of addresses and apparently one went OK, the other generated the standard error message. What is odd is that clicking on the email of the reply to find out which recipient was involved, all I get is a blank sheet ! Not ever seen this before, is anything likely to have gone bananas?
Huh
4 REPLIES 4
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Unsent email notification blanked out

Quote from: colintivy
I have sent a Fwded email to a couple of addresses and apparently one went OK, the other generated the standard error message.

Standard error message? Huh
Quote from: colintivy
What is odd is that clicking on the email of the reply to find out which recipient was involved, all I get is a blank sheet ! Not ever seen this before, is anything likely to have gone bananas?

Clicking on a reply to your forwarded message?
I'm not entirely sure what you're describing?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

colintivy
Rising Star

Hi! Bob,
The message that I referred to was the usual email telling me that my email cold not be delivered because the address did not exist. The sender address was only some >>-<< (not got it any more) Usually this opens the source file in which the email addresses involved etc.,etc.,are shown plus a great deal of unintelligble (to me) guph all very technical. Ordinally this allows me to check and correct the address that I used. In this case the sheet was empty which is not alot of use to me. I might ry to send two separate emails to isolate the one which worked.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Guessing you're using Webmail? Sounds like it doesn't like something to do with the message, although hard to say what exactly without seeing the behaviour in action.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I'm not sure about the sender header content but an empty return path, perhaps like "" <>, normally indicates the message bounced somewhere along the forward path to the addressee (rather than on the initial server). An empty return path indicates that if delivery fails on its way back to the sender it should be discarded and not bounced along the forward path again.
If it does complete the return journey return path will show as empty. The "for" entries in handover headers will normally show the email address of the original addressee.
Is this what was seen here?
David
David