cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unquarantine messages quarantined as spam

Anteaus
Grafter

Unquarantine messages quarantined as spam

Just received a notification that a message was quarantined as a suspected virus.
I think the original msg probably was a phishing scam since it purported to be from nacha.org but clearly was not from that domain.
..but on sending an unquarantine request including the original message text (no attachments) this request was itself quarantined as spam!  Roll_eyes
3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Unquarantine messages quarantined as spam

Quote from: Anteaus
..but on sending an unquarantine request including the original message text (no attachments) this request was itself quarantined as spam!  Roll_eyes

Can you clarify what you mean by this? Are you saying that the system released/delivered the original email and it was that which was identified as spam? If that's the case then it doesn't really surprise me and is probably the intended behaviour.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Anteaus
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
Can you clarify what you mean by this? Are you saying that the system released/delivered the original email and it was that which was identified as spam? ..

No, I mean that my mailclient reported that the SMTP transaction with relay.plus.net had been terminated with a 552 when sending the unquarantine request. 
Not of any great consequence as I'm reasonably sure the original msg was a forgery, but thought I'd mention it as it was strange behaviour, especially as there was very little spam-like content in the unquarantine request, beyond one obviously-forged email address and the string:  "[-SPAM-] Bill payment canceled".
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Ah, I see! Roll_eyes
Any chance you can raise a support ticket providing a copy of the quarantine notification complete with headers? If you then give me a nudge here then I'll see at getting this fixed (should be relatively simple).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵