Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unarchive my missing emails please ?

FIXED
homeagain
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Unarchive my missing emails please ?

Hi, my emails have disappeared and I can no longer log in to my email account in Windows on my PC.

I get the message: We couldn't access this account Plus. You might need to update your password or give the account permission to sync to this device.

I have received requests to reduce  the size of my email account and have spent hours deleting emails up to 200 at a time, but it is slow going.

I wish there was a bulk option to delete emails.

Can you unarchive my email account and I will continue to delete more emails.

Thank you, Rob.

2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Unarchive my missing emails please ?

Hi Rob,

What is the real issue here?  You cannot login to the mail box .. or you can log in, but the content has vanished (been archived)?

Are you implying that you can log into the mailbox on webmail, but not from your PC?

Being able to log into the mail box via webmail but not the PC points to a problem with your PC email client configuration.

As for bulk deleting, that might be done through the Squirrel Mail (basic) Webmail interface - see webmai.plus.net - note that the user interface can be configured (user options) to set the number of items displayed per screen.  Just tick the ones you want to delete and then delete them ... and remember to empty the trash folder afterwards.  Also note that some people forget to clear out the sent folder as well!

A staff member should pick up the restore request directly.

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

homeagain
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Re: Unarchive my missing emails please ?

Fix

I'm guessing Plusnet support had picked up my request. All emails are available and using the basic version of webmail I was able to remove 6K of deleted emails, 200 at a time. There were a few server errors along the way but I've cleared them out now. Thanks to whoever helped and reconnected me.