Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unarchive emails please

assuage
Hooked

Unarchive emails please

Hi,

Please can you help me recover my emails that were archived.

I have tried to use the live chat but that was not working as the cookies for functional usage were not saving.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: Unarchive emails please

Hi @assuage 

A warm welcome to the forums.  The chat service is suspended indefinitely ... but some bits of user documentation do not reflect that.  That and email archive restore are topics of active discussion between the super users and Plusnet.  This generic advice might be helpful.

Email archiving

Plusnet has two email content archiving 'events'

1. Exceeding the Fair Usage Policy (FUP): This is invoked when the sum of the contents of all of your email boxes exceeds the 1GB FUP allowance. Users will have received warning notices for several weeks, having exceeded 75% of the FUP. After 2 warnings of having exceeded 100% of the FUP, mailboxes are archived to bring the FUP utilisation down below 100%. The act of archiving emails is recorded in the user's ticket history - see the PN tickets link below - notification emails are sent to the contact email address, as specified by the user, under their contact preferences in the account details - it is imperative that this email address is monitored at all times
  2. Mailbox not accessed for a while: After a period of not accessing a mailbox (it not being logged into) the contents are archived. An email is sent to that mailbox advising of the archiving action, after it has been archived. No record of the action is recorded in the ticket history

Archives are retained for 30 days. When making a request to unarchive emails, it is very helpful to inform staff which of the above archives appears to have been performed - it stops them looking for non-existent tickets!

Plusnet account holders can try to raise a ticket here.  If that does not work, please post back here.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

assuage
Hooked

Thanks - that takes me back to the please choose chat function

There was no way to raise a ticket

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hmmm indeed - there appears to be no category there!!!

Superuser escalation

This topic has been escalated by one of the Superusers; please allow time for Plusnet to respond before commenting further.

Escalation does not imply progressing this matter will be given priority, nor that a different outcome will result.

Reason for escalation:  Chase status

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

assuage
Hooked

Hi Townman,  

Is there any update on the escalation on the failure for a client to raise a support ticket?

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @assuage 

I've raised a task with our NetOps team to unarchive your mail which should be actioned within 24-48 hours.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Your mail should now be restored Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet