cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unarchive Email Please

pandr

Unarchive Email Please

Dear PlusNet Support Team 

Could someone please un-archive the archived emails for our account?

I'll try to keep a tighter grip on the mailbox size!

Thank you

Raad Al-Rawi 

6 REPLIES 6
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Unarchive Email Please

For clarity - have you had weeks of FUP over 75% warnings ... or have you received a number of large emails which suddenly pushed you over 1GB? There is normally several weeks warning before accounts are archived.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pandr

We have had a number of emails about the mailbox size, and we have tried to keep it under the limit but it's been a struggle. We now need to have the emails un-archived so we can move more emails offline and reduce the mailbox size to a better level.

Best regards 

Raad 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

I forgot to give you a warm welcome to the forums.

At the risk of teaching to suck eggs … two things often forgotten are the contents of the sent items folder and the trash bin.

People often use email to send photos (not overly proficient) and then forget to delete the sent email(s).  After deleting items … the trash folder also needs to be emptied to finally get rid of them and regain the space.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pandr

Hi - thanks for the advice. Yes, I am aware of the typical issues around email management.
For various reasons I have been keeping certain emails on the PlusNet email server, but things got to the point where that couldn't be sustained.
All I need to happen is for someone from PlusNet support to un-archive the archived emails and I can offload them somewhere else.

Unfortunately the advice in the email leads to a circular situation where you visit the "contact us" page, search for the problem, and end up with a link that takes you back to "contact us".

I posted here because I have seen other people post with the same issue and it had been resolved by PlusNet support. However, it looks like I may need to raise a support ticket instead.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

It’s the right place to post for this request - it bring Christmas I guess results in limited back end staff availability for restores.

@Gandalf

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Raad. We've unarchived your mailboxes now and you should see your mail drop down within the next hour.

I hope this helps. Let us know if there's anything further you'd need help with. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet