Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send/receive email following password change

FIXED
outinthesticks
Grafter

Unable to send/receive email following password change

For security reasons I changed my Plusnet account password last night and can no longer send/receive emails - although my secondary email accounts are working fine. Unable to access webmail either. 

7 REPLIES 7
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Unable to send/receive email following password change

Is this the default mail address?

Are you using the old account password or the new one?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

outinthesticks
Grafter

Yes it’s the default email address and I’m using the new password. I tried using the old one and it still doesn’t work. I’ve since tried to reset the password via the website link but unable to do so as I couldn’t receive the email.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @outinthesticks,

I've raised it to our network operations team to have a look, as when you've spoken to the agent over the telephone it pretty much looks like everything was checked and changed with you then. We'll let you know when we have something back from them (FYI we may need to change the password again, but will let you know if this is the case).

Just as a side note, the secondary mailboxes are working you've said, can you log into Webmail with the secondary mailbox details too?

Can you also try logging into Webmail in a private browsing mode to make sure it's not cookie or cache related​​, this might have been tried over the phone yesterday but it isn't listed so just want to double check.

outinthesticks
Grafter

Hi normal service was resumed yesterday morning but the main account stopped working about an hour ago & can longer access webmail either. Secondary mailboxes are working fine. So could you look at this again please.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @outinthesticks,

That would be because our Network Ops team changed the password I'm afraid 😭. Can you reset it again here.

outinthesticks
Grafter

Thanks, however having selected the link i get a message saying to look out for an email that will allow me to reset the password. As I can’t receive emails this is not very helpful!

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

Hi @outinthesticks,

As discussed on the phone just now we've managed to get this resolved. Let us know if you have any further issues. 

EDIT: I've just seen from another thread that you use your own router, just make sure you update the password in there to the one you set while we were on the phone, to prevent any connection problems. 

Moderators Note: Corrections made at request of poster.