cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send or receive emails

Belliverus

Unable to send or receive emails

For some days I have been unable to send or receive emails. 
As I open Windows Mail  there is already a notice saying there is no mail in the bottom right corner of the screen. When I click 'Send/Receive', the box with a progress bar etc flashes on and off far too quickly to be able to read anything at all. I had the idea that I would be able to read my mail using Plusnet Webmail but that is empty too.
As I belong to a couple of Yahoo email groups and I know absolutely that 1000+ quilters could not be 'silent' for so long there is obviously something wrong with my laptop.
I thought maybe a 'system restore' might resolve the problem but each time I try that it fails to complete 'due to an unknown error'.
I'm completely lost as to what steps to take and would be grateful for helpful suggestions.
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Unable to send or receive emails

While waiting for a suggestion or answer can I suggest you stop trying to download emails and just check using web mail
One thing to check though - as a moderator I can see your registered email address and that isn't a Plusnet email.
Are you trying to send and receive via Plusnet email address or via that email address as a check shows that domain has expired
Belliverus

Thank you so much! Due to a variety of reasons like severe old age, family visits etc the renewal date was overlooked. You have saved my bacon and I have now renewed the domain name and  hopefully someone will come up with an answer to the email problem.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

So which email account are you using to send receive and what are the settings you are using
Belliverus

My email now seems OK, again thanks for your help.