cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send from Madasafish email

MatC

Unable to send from Madasafish email

I've had a Madasafish email address for eons. Just the email, not the old internet service. However for some reason recently I am unable to send emails from either my Mac or iPhone.

I have not changed any settings as far as I'm aware, but the message pop-up says that I should check the SMTP server in Mail settings (I just use the standard Apple Mail app on both Mac and iPhone).

Settings are:

Username: [my Madasafish email address in full]

Hostname: mail.madasafish.com

Port: 587

TLS/SSL: not ticked

I can receive emails, no problem, but not being able to respond is driving me crazy. Anyone out there have any thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Unable to send from Madasafish email

Hi @MatC 

A warm welcome to the forums.

What is the full and complete error message please?

Are your trying to send connected to the Plusnet network (not using a VPN provider) or via a mobile network?

Do you have a static IP address?

Can you log into webmail and successfully send from there?

There are a multitude of causes of the (in principle) scenario you report

• the device(s) having corrupted their settings (I have seen this a number of time on an iPhone)
  • the (dynamic) IP address being used having been black balled and thus prohibited to send email
  • there being an internal configuration issue on the account

One quick test which might point to a cause, if you are trying to send over the PN network, disconnect your phone from the mobile network and try again.  If that works, switch the router off for 90+ minutes and then try again.  Such would point to a black listed dynamic IP address issue.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatC

Hi Townman, thanks for the welcome

Firstly I am not very computer literate, so will go with what I know to answer your questions.

What is the full and complete error message please?

Pop-up window reads as follows:

Cannot send message using server Madasafish

Verify that you have addressed this message correctly. Check your SMTP server settings in Mail preferences and verify any advanced settings with your system administrator.

The server response was: <****@me.com> recipient rejected - relay denied

Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or click Try Later to leave the message in your Outbox until it can be sent.

Sending from: <****@madasafish.com>

The Apple Mail app then lists the servers from my different email accounts

Are your trying to send connected to the Plusnet network (not using a VPN provider) or via a mobile network?

I don’t think so as I don’t have a Plusnet account and have never actively used them (apart from them buying Madasafish, but I’ve only ever had the email service). I do not use a VPN.

My home broadband is provided by EE via 4G and a fixed router so operates like regular broadband as I don't have a landline.

Do you have a static IP address?

Unsure - how can I tell?

Can you log into webmail and successfully send from there?

Yes

Your last comments although very insightful do not really mean much to me I’m afraid. I am not a tech person - I just want things to work. However I will turn off my mobile and broadband overnight to see if this works, but as mentioned I don’t think I ever use Plusnet.

Thanks for your help here.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hi @MatC 

Thank you - some great answers!!

"recipient rejected - relay denied"

"My home broadband is provided by EE via 4G"

To confirm - you are sending from <****@madasafish.com> to <****@me.com> ?

Your first answer suggests that you are seeking to make an off network connection to the MAAF relay WITHOUT credentials.  Your second answer confirms that you are not on the Plusnet network.

Your SMTP server setting MUST have a user name and password specified to use the MMAF SMTP relay service.  Is there anything else in that relay denied message which confirms that it came for the MAAF relay server - is there a server name mentioned.

I have seen iDevices get their SMTP settings corrupted so it might be worth checking them through again.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatC

Hello, apologies for my tardy response.

Firstly I admit I do not really understand what you mean when you mention MAAF credentials and off-servers. I have zero computer literacy.

I have tried to send after updating the settings using my Madasafish email and password and the same thing happens (or does not happen in this case). It is not only my iPhone but my Mac too.

The only other server mentioned is me.com as part of the email address I am trying to send to.

Fes
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Hi there.  I just thought I'd add to this.  I have a dialstart.net email address (purchased by madasafish then plusnet).   Today I've found my SMTP server isn't working either.  This has nothing to do with the device I'm on. I've tried on two different pc's and my pH.  I've changed nothing.   Clearly something is wrong with the old servers.