Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send emails

rammie1976
Grafter

Unable to send emails

Hi
I've just noticed that I am currently unable to send emails - the error message I get on all my accounts is this:
An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'test', Account: 'Nick@plus.net', Server: 'relay.plus.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 Cannot connect to SMTP server ...), connect error 10061', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67

I've changed nothing on my laptop or router recently, can you help?
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Unable to send emails

Looks like your virus protection might be playing up. Disable that and try again.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI rammie1976,
You need to check your settings as your email address won't be nick@plus.net it will be in the format of name@username.plus.com
Jojo Smiley
rammie1976
Grafter

That's the name of the email account - so I recognise it. Thanks anyway, a couple of reboots of the laptop seem to have sorted it, must just have been a gremlin. Smiley
But thanks jelv I'll check out Avast too. Smiley
dick:quote
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I've found avast! to be getting a lot more intrusive since its more recent updates, and have moved to MSE (Microsoft security essentials) - might be worth a look, it's extremely light on resources and doesn't bother you for updates etc in intrusive ways (the icon in the system tray near the clock turns orange when it needs some attention, but other than that it doesn't bother you Smiley )
Just thought it might be worth looking at, though if you've got the paid version of avast! it's probably worth seeing out the contract.