cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send emails

Wardio2
Dabbler

Re: Unable to send emails

Hi Dean. I’m unable to send on both pc and iPad. The difference is I get the error message on iPad but utter silence on pc. I think this has been going on for some time.

Wardio2
Dabbler

Hi Dean. I now find I can send ok using my iPhone but not pc or iPad. Crazy!

Buggy3360

I’m seriously considering moving to Virgin cable after Xmas as the hassle of replacing my email addresses has got to be easier and better than being treated like an idiot by PlusNet. I have had the ‘use webmail then’ solution given to me, but as a former network engineer for over ten years, I am aware that the issues lie with them. If they don’t sort this soon, I’ll be gone!
Wardio2
Dabbler

Hi Buggy3360

Yes, this problem is annoying and I wouldn't be happy using webmail. I haven't used PlusNet Community for some years but I'm alarmed at the number of dissatisfied customers I see. My brother lives in the Borders and he can send ok but is unhappy with the service and is thinking of leaving. I'm wondering if it's possible to uninstall Mail and start again, but I'd have to print a lot of mails I need to keep. Gnash gnash!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry for the inconvenience, we'll let you know when there's been a response to the issues Anoush has raised with our ops team. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I've added an update to your support ticket 184826664.

If you can let us know over here once you've replied we'll let our engineers know.

[edit]

This post was aimed at @Buggy3360

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Buggy3360

I replied at 2:15.... The answer is Yes, as long as I am still able to receive emails as I have been, there is no problem in changing the password.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the heads up.

I've passed this on to our engineers.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
madswitcher
Pro
Fixes: 1

Hi Gandalf,

could you also take into account the following thread

https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Unable-to-send-emails-from-a-Virgin-connection-Escalation-path/t...

as I have the same symptoms and there is some further information there that may be helpful for your engineers.

Kind regards

Mike

madswitcher
Pro
Fixes: 1

Note to mods

please don't move this item from this thread.  It is of the same ilk and may be of use to your engineers to know that another user has this problem.

Mike

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I can see Gandalf has replied to the other thread. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Wardio2, I've just updated your support ticket 184884631. We'd need to know the email address and the approx date & times that you're unable to login to webmail. Could you add a reply to that ticket letting us know over here when you've done so and we'll pick it up. Thanks.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Buggy3360

It seems the solution I am being offered would mean that I no longer RECEIVE emails...despite the fault being that I cant SEND them. I think I'll stick with receiving my mail as I have been and to send mail using Webmail until I cancel my account as I have decided enough is enough, I am moving to Virgin.....at least I will also get connection speeds worth the monthly payments......... Can't say its been fun Force9/Plusnet!!!!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Buggy3360, sorry to hear this you think this was a solution. We’d just need to temporarily change your password to try to diagnose the issue. This will mean that you won’t be able to receive mail, but I’d like to stress that this is temporary. Thanks.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Wardio2
Dabbler

Hi Anoush. As I said earlier, I am now able to send using Webmail. At least, Webmail tells me when a message has gone.