Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send emails - HarryB

FIXED
MartinW67

Unable to send emails - HarryB

Hi,

I had an online chat with PlusNet support this afternoon re renewing a domain. They were unable to help with that however since then I have not been able to send emails - receiving mails works fine. I have a Mail Only account. Last time I had this problem (09/03/2016) it was resolved by Harry Beesley. Is this HarryB?

Thanks,

Martin.

7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Unable to send emails - HarryB

Fix

Hi Martin,

Harry's gone home for the night. I can't see anything the adviser has done that would make you unable to send mail. It looks like that previously Harry changed your account type from a free account to the paid-for £1.06 per month account.

I don't think that's the issue here. I've just performed some remote maintenance on your mailboxes. This normally goes through between 30 minutes and 4 hours. Can you let me know if you're able to send following that?

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MartinW67

Hi Anoush,

It's working fine now thanks.

Are you able to check if the domain I have registered on my account will renew? It shows on the PlusNet Domain Management page that it expired on the 10-07-2017 and I've received an email from Nominet to say that I need to contact PlusNet/Force9 to advise you that I would like it to renew.

Thanks,

Martin.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fantastic.

It looks like you may have sent the request to renew your domain from the Member Centre? Currently the automated process is a bit broken, so it has to be done manually. In order to do that, you'll need to call us to pay the renewal fee.

Because the call queue for the normal support line was in excess of half an hour, I've raised this request for you via this ticket on your account.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your time on the phone Martin.

We'll get your domain renewed shortly for you. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
John9
Dabbler

The customer had to get on the phone and get past the routine extremely long wait to find out that plusnet couldn't help him.  He then discovers that he's lost the ability to receive e-mails.  He goes onto the community forum (probably to avoid having to wait for half an hour on the phone again) and manages to get someone to perform some remote 'maintenance' (which really means a remote fix) which won't 'go through' for at least 30 minutes and possibly 4 hours.  Customer asks another question because plusnet's management system is causing him another problem and plusnet support tells him that the automated process is currently "a bit broken".  Another support ticket is raised because of the unacceptably long call wait time, and eventually the problem is resolved.  What a rigmarole because of a poor service by plusnet. 

I've signed up to plusnet and got a phone which won't ring to alert me of incoming calls and an e-mail service that won't receive e-mails.  I've called support and got no help.  Now I'm here reading this sort of message. Angry

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear you're having problems

@John9 wrote:
I've signed up to plusnet and got a phone which won't ring to alert me of incoming calls

I've tested your line and I'm not detecting any issues. Can you run through the checks as per this ticket, replying to the ticket online if you still have problems so that we can arrange an engineer visit.

@John9 wrote:
and an e-mail service that won't receive e-mails.

You don't have an Plusnet email address setup. If you're wanting one, I'd recommend creating it using Manage My Mail

Let us know how you get on please.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note.

Op has a fix for his issue and the other poster has an thread https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Can-t-send-e-mails-and-possibly-can-t-receive-them/td-p/1460500/...

So this is locked.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'