cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to report phishing via plusnet

harry
Dabbler

Unable to report phishing via plusnet

I have a firefox extension which allows me to forward phishing emails to appropriate sites, eg reportphishing@apwg.org and phishing-report@us-cert.gov
Recently however those messages are not going out. Thunderbird displays this:

Yes, of course it contains a spam or virus -- its a phishing report!
I appreciate plusnet doesn't want its users sending spam or virus messages to arbitrary users, but certain destinations -- including the two above and probably also the official reporting addresses of each of the antivirus companies -- need to be exempted from this checking, otherwise plusnet is inadvertantly aiding and abetting these phishing sites by preventing them from being closed down.
4 REPLIES 4
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Unable to report phishing via plusnet

I'm assuming the emails are coming in via a non-Plusnet account? I say that because I'd have expected the inbound filters to have caught this message. Anyway, we've made exceptions for this sort of thing in the past so we'll have a look at doing the same for these two addresses (ref: 75504).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

harry
Dabbler

Quote from: Bob
I'm assuming the emails are coming in via a non-Plusnet account?

I think they came in by plusnet. I have several email addresses, but thunderbird usually replies through whatever service the email was delivered.
The other possibility is that the virus might have been newly detected between the time that the message arrived in the inbox and the time I tried to report it.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

That's true. Anyway these addresses have now been whitelisted so let me know if you continue to experience problems.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

harry
Dabbler

Thanks, that does seem to be working.